Day 4 - Konstanz Germany - Six weeks in Europe - CycleBlaze

June 24, 2023

Day 4 - Konstanz Germany

Busy cycle ways

".We left Bregenz Austria, passed through Switzerland and finished in Germany.  It was a 69km  day mostly along a cycle pathway and mostly flat.  Since it is Saturday we saw many locals on the route making it quite busy.  We must have crossed railway tracks at least 10 times and had to wait for at least 4 trains to pass.  It was a beautiful ride along the south side of the Bodensee (aka Lake Constance).  The north side is exclusively German territory and involved  a ferry so the decision was to stay on the south side.  There are tours that circumnavigate the lake that would be fun to do.  We have a lovely hotel tonight in Konstanz which is a very nice town to visit. 

I wandered about Bregenz this morning to capture a few photos. This is one of fountain
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another use for a bicycle, transporting fishing kit.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A local ship that crossed the lake
Heart 0 Comment 0
A weather station that dates back to 1887.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Love these cross walk signs
Heart 0 Comment 0
The ride map and profile.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This cute chocolate lab loves to ride on the board but also chase his toys in the lake.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Dogs having beer at 11AM?
Heart 0 Comment 0
The harbour along the way
Heart 0 Comment 0
A town in the distance
Heart 0 Comment 0
This young lad tried to navigate the jump in a Ski Natique arrangement. He was fine here but did a face plant after the jump, missed photo to busy laughing.
Heart 0 Comment 0
It is cherry season here so we bought some from these young people, delicious.
Heart 0 Comment 2
Hilary JaegerOkanagan cherries should be ready when you get home. I bought some from Oregon yesterday - 2 weeks ago it was California.
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Gail JohnsonLove those cherries! We are getting some from Washington now - can’t beat the Okanagan cherries though. Enjoy!
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
The Hindenburg museum is across the lake so modern blimps are seen above the lake.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The entrance to old Konstanz
Heart 1 Comment 0
More of the old town
Heart 0 Comment 0
A tower dating back to 1220AD along the canal to Shaffenhausen.
Heart 0 Comment 0
More of the town
Heart 0 Comment 0
Enjoying a beer at the end of the day
Heart 0 Comment 1
Hilary JaegerBut did you share one with the dogs at 11 am?
Reply to this comment
10 months ago

Today's ride: 69 km (43 miles)
Total: 1,280 km (795 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0