Ay Loop ride - The Fab 3 in France 2023 - CycleBlaze

June 13, 2023

Ay Loop ride

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today we wanted to do a loop ride through the hills near Ay. The days are getting hot so we set a depart time of 8:00 am. The B&B we are in is one of the best we have had. They have three different coffee making machines so you can choose from drip filtered, French press or espresso. We each choose our favorite way to prepare our coffee and after having a nice relaxing cup of coffee or two we actually made our ride start by 9:00am. 

The bike path along the canal lateral a la Marne
Heart 0 Comment 0

We started riding along the canal path. The surface once again was excellent and the scenery spectacular.

Canal boat.
Heart 0 Comment 0

As soon as we turned off the canal path we started to get some hills. None of the climbs were difficult and we did get some great views.

Back in the country side.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Passing under a train line on our climb up the hill for the day.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Dorthy taking in the view as a reward for the hill climb.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Dom Perignon's tomb in the Abbaye Saint-Pierre d'Hautvillers.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Road at the back of the Abbaye. The blue dot at the end of the road is a restored VW combi taking people on a wine tour. It looked like a fun way to go but not as good as a bike.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The smiling cyclists of the day.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We made it back to Epernay before the shops closed and did some shopping for cheese and bread for tonights dinner. We had visited a boulangerie that had great looking sandwiches so we decided to grab some and head to a park for lunch before taking another stroll along Avenue de Champagne.

Moet & Chandon Dom Perignon statue.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Perrie Jouet garden were we had drinks the other day.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We spent our afternoon back at our B&B relaxing around the court yard and drinking another bottle of Champagne we had picked up the day before.

Maddie & Ryan in front of our B&B as we headed out for an evening stroll in Ay.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 26 miles (42 km)
Total: 633 miles (1,019 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0