Epilogue: Some Final .Thoughts - 2 For the Road - CycleBlaze

September 17, 2017

Epilogue: Some Final .Thoughts

It is a little over two weeks since we ended our tour and reflecting back, we are more than happy with what we accomplished and our decision to stop when we did. We miss a lot of things about touring, like the exhilaration from riding up a hill I would have walked last year, the awesome views that just kept on coming, and most of all, meeting awesome people along the way. If you are reading this and think you couldn't do something like this, please stop and think instead about what you can do. We don't ride as far as other riders every day, but we still managed to ride 1300 miles! We just took it slow and went at a pace that worked for us. You don't have to do what everyone else does, you just have to do what works for you.

We love riding and are already planning our next tour, hoping to incorporate what we learned about our own touring style into our next venture and the one after that and the one after that. We hope to continue doing this for many years to come, seeing new places and meeting new people.

We wanted to again, thank those wonderful people along this journey who took us in – you all rock! We appreciated your kindness and loved getting to know you. As Warmshowers hosts ourselves, it was a great experience to see the other end of this great organization and we sure plan on continuing to both host and meet more Warmshowers folks along the way.

Life is good and we are enjoying our break here in Austin before we head back to BC for Christmas. Look for another journal next fall as we head to Mexico! Thanks for following our journey!

Jim and Sue

Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0