Cowra - The fifteenth step ... Four months in Australia - CycleBlaze

March 24, 2024

Cowra

Today was very much a rest day - only twenty eight kilometers.

It had rained quite  a bit last night so it was good not to have to rush off this morning.   We spent a few hours lazing around the camping area at the showgrounds while the tent and tarp shook off last night's rain before heading off to Cowra some time after ten.

We thought we might do a bit of sight seeing once we got to Cowra but it was pretty hot by midday so all we achieved in the afternoon was to catch up on our laundry.  Eventually at about five o'clock we wandered off to look at the Aboriginal art painted on the pillars of the bridge across the Lachlan River - thank you to Graham Smith for making us aware of them.

The bridge pillars on which the art is portrayed.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Our tent would be at least three meters under water if the 1952 flood were to repeat itself tonight.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
A lovely wooden causeway under the main road bridge.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0

The campground has a nice kitchen so I bought a couple of rump steaks for supper.  A nice change from the  cycle tourist fare of pasta in tomato sauce. Of course, some red wine but we had to share a glass because there was only one available in the kitchen.

Heart 2 Comment 0

Tomorrow we head for Mandurama, a stiffish climb on what is forecast to be a hot day, so we have booked a room at the hotel there.

Today's ride: 28 km (17 miles)
Total: 716 km (445 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0