Santa Rita - The thirteenth step ... Six months in South America - CycleBlaze

September 4, 2022

Santa Rita

We enjoyed a good night's sleep in the tent last night despite two competing sound systems blasting through the village.  We awoke to discover preparations in place for a day of football on the field next to the campground.   Knowing we had a short day planned we took our time getting up and by the time we got onto our bicycles the second game of the morning was well underway. 

Second game of the morning. Don't ask me who the teams are.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Climbing back up to the main roadon the cobbled road. Good for motor vehicles but hard work for cyclists. We sought out the smooth clay patches where the stones were absent.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Scott AndersonUgh. How can I like this photo?
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
I am rather shocked at the number of advertisements we have seen for plastic surgery.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Santa Rita is spread out over many kilometers along the main road and the hotel we had identified as possible digs for the night was out the southern end.  After checking in at the Hotel Costa Esperanza we had a hot shower and did our laundry before heading off to a churrascaria for some flame grilled meat.  It's traditional South American food but I must admit I prefer my steak on the rare side.

Our lunch spot.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Tomorrow we will most likely spend the night camping at a fuel station about sixty kilometers south of here that we have learned of via iOverlander.  Formal accommodation is in short supply on this route so this seems the best option available. 

Today's ride: 23 km (14 miles)
Total: 140 km (87 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0