Journal in one part without dividing it into days - CycleBlaze

Bicycle Travel Forum

Journal in one part without dividing it into days

Simon Thread

Hello again :)

I'd love to share some of our European journeys with you, but I don't like writing about the journey day by day, dividing it into smaller parts.

Is it possible to write the journal here as a one-part story? From what I see, I think all your journals are multi-part, multi-day.

Can this be done in one part?

Thanks & travel safe :)

S.

Reply    Link    Flag
1 month ago
Keith AdamsTo Simon Thread

I don't know why you couldn't write one page articles if you chose that format.  However, depending on how long your adventures were and how much you write and how many photos you include, the page length and loading time could become issues.  If your tours cover months of travel at a time, perhaps weekly summary pages might appeal to you more than daily style?

In the end the journal is yours, and needs only to meet your objectives not anyone else's.   To the extent that others enjoy your journals, well and good. 

Reply    Link    Flag
1 month ago
Rachel and Patrick HugensTo Simon Thread

Hi Simon, we noticed on your profile page the pictures cycling in Poland. We are in the process of planning a route across Poland. Any suggestions??

Racpat

PS. Post about previous tours any which way you can. We just added a journal of cycling 30 years ago, and it is essentially just pictures.

Reply    Link    Flag
1 month ago
Simon ThreadTo Rachel and Patrick Hugens

Racpat, do you have any route plan? Does "Scandinavia and the Baltics" mean, that you're going to cycle around the Baltic Sea? The best way to do it is to follow the EuroVelo 10 route. It has been changed in recent years thanks to a European Union project, which - in Poland - resulted in many new sections separated from car traffic. 

Do you have "your" thread here, about your journey? Any map? :)

S.

Reply    Link    Flag
1 month ago
Rachel and Patrick HugensTo Simon Thread

Hi Simon, we fly to Stockholm July 2 and then go across to to Norway then up to Northkapp then down Finland to Helsinki. Then quickly go through Estonia, Lativa and Lithuania into Poland. We will only have 90 days and need to be back to Stockholm to fly home Sept 29. We are working on maps but as yet don't have an overview map.

We plan to use ferries, trains to facilitate the route in the limited time. So we are trying to focus on the best part of Poland. Thanks for any recommendations. 

Sorry to "kidnap" your thread. Maybe message us through the journal??  or maybe that's a thought to start a thread here.

Reply    Link    Flag
1 month ago
Simon ThreadTo Rachel and Patrick Hugens

Kidnapping my thread is not a problem :D, but it won't be easy for your "followers" in next years to find it.

I'll start a new thread, ok? This will be much more useful for the entire community.

S.

Reply    Link    Flag
1 month ago