Would like to hear about the pros and cons of tandem trikes (page 4) - CycleBlaze

Bicycle Travel Forum

Would like to hear about the pros and cons of tandem trikes (page 4)

[deleted user]To Keith Adams

"a CycleBlaze bike lending library"

I was actually going to post a follow up on this, but Keith beat me to it.  :-)

It really actually is a great idea, since you guys seem to be a family-like (i.e., look after/take care of each other) community.  

If some members have extra space for hanging onto any non-favorite bikes (so no feelings of lament if something goes awry), then anyone traveling to your area from the larger CB community could leave their own bike(s) at home and borrow your "lending" bike, making the travel much simpler. 

Reply    Link    Flag
2 months ago
[deleted user]To Kathleen Jones

(see my prior note re the lending library idea)

but on a different subject, I just discovered that it doesn't send me notifications if there are new comments on the thread unless the person is replying to one of my *own* posts.  I didn't find anything in the settings that I could change so that any new post, whether to me or to another person, on a thread I've either started or previously commented on, would send me an email notification saying there's new activity.

Is there a setting I should change so that it will?

Reply    Link    Flag
2 months ago
Kathleen JonesTo [deleted user]

Not that I’ve seen. I believe you only see replies to your own posts.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 months ago
Keith AdamsTo Kathleen Jones

That's how I understand it as well.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 months ago
Larry HodginTo [deleted user]

Andrea

My wife and I have a Greenspeed trike tandem. We have done some touring on it, hence our lower gearing, but mostly trail riding on the W&OD trail network in Northern Virginia. I would love to discuss our trike..possibly adnauseum..if you would like. We are in Fairfax County, Virginia, not far from ya'll.

Please respond, if interested in learning more, and we can switch to private email to avoid boring the Cycle Blaze group site.

Larry Hodgin

Reply    Link    Flag
2 months ago
[deleted user]To Larry Hodgin

Thank you so much.  At this point I have moved (due to my son and DIL's consideration of my budget) to just looking for a single rider trike for my DIL, instead of tandem.

Once I get the particulars back from the owner, I am planning on perusing the inventory of a bike shop in Mt Airy MD that has a good selection of pre-owned trikes.  I would be happy to have some help culling the list down to just a few possibilities, so if you might have any recommendations you could make in that regard, I would be happy to ping you via email for help.  Thanks  :-)

Reply    Link    Flag
2 months ago

Andrea,

I also have an older Catrike single trike..possibly my most fun stable member. How do we trade emails? I'm notl familiar with this process through Cycle Blaze. The Catrike has a new webbing saddle, and is crying for someone to exercise it more often.

Larry

Reply    Link    Flag
2 months ago
[deleted user]To Larry Hodgin

I have not seen any way to send PMs, but a couple of people have put their email addresses directly in a post using the words "at" and "dot" in place of the characters (e.g., thejonesfamily at gmail dot com).  I had someone misuse an older website/email address of mine, so I am leery of posting my own on a public forum, but if you are comfortable with the approach, that would be great.

Private messaging would make things more straightforward but I can't find a way on CB to send one.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 months ago

Andrea,

I am trying your suggestion above..lhodginataoldotcom might connect us. 

Larry

Reply    Link    Flag
2 months ago
Keith AdamsTo [deleted user]

There is no PM feature on this site.  I suggested it a while back but the site owner wasn't interested in adding it, so the method you described is the only way to establish private conversations. 

Eventually of course AI bots will be trained to ferret them out (if that hasn't already happened) and then all bets are off.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 months ago