RWGPS maps not showing on my Chromebook - CycleBlaze

Bicycle Travel Forum

RWGPS maps not showing on my Chromebook

Peter Brown

The Ride with GPS maps are not showing up on the Cycleblaze site when I use my Chromebook.  There is a gray space where the map should be on my post and everyone elses.  Is anyone else having this issue?  Resolved: I had third party cookies blocked, which wasn't allowing the maps to be shown.

Reply    Link    Flag
5 months ago
Kelly IniguezTo Peter Brown

I went to my most recent journal and clicked on the first map. It shows as usual. I'm using a MacBook Air.

Reply    Link    Flag
5 months ago
Keith AdamsTo Peter Brown

I'm on a Windows platform (or Android, when viewing the site from my phone or tablet).  I've noticed that RWGPS is unavailable at irregular intervals and for relatively brief stretches, so it may not be specific to the consuming technology.

If the problem is still occurring for you try again later, or from a different device / platform, and see whether that changes anything.  In every outage instance I've encountered the issue appears to have been on the RWGPS end and not my browser.

FWIW I've just selected and viewed (on 25 November, at 10:54 Eastern time in the U.S.) an arbitrary journal page and the embedded map was present and behaving as expected.

Reply    Link    Flag
5 months ago
Kathleen JonesTo Peter Brown

It seems to be an intermittent issue. I use an iPad and it happens fairly often. But also it doesn’t last long. I just switch to a different map layer for a while.

Reply    Link    Flag
5 months ago