Deleting photos from a journal - CycleBlaze

Bicycle Travel Forum

Deleting photos from a journal

Brent Irvine

When I have uploaded a photo that I don't really want, I delete it from the post. Over the past few days I am finding that when I try to delete a photo the site asks twice if I wnt to delete the photo - if I say yes, then two photos are removed. But, when I save the page and go back - lo and behold, the supposedly deleted photos are back in place.

Anyone else seeing this? Any solution?

Reply    Link    Flag
11 months ago
Scott AndersonTo Brent Irvine

I think this has been a feature for quite awhile.  I deal with it by being careful to save my work before deleting a photo to make sure there aren’t any unexpected or unrecoverable results.

Reply    Link    Flag
11 months ago
Keith AdamsTo Brent Irvine

I've encountered the delete-two-photos behavior and learned to choose "Cancel" at the second deletion confirmation prompt.  I don't recall having seen the photos magically reappear after I've saved the page, though.

Save early, save often!

Reply    Link    Flag
11 months ago
Jeff ArnimTo Brent Irvine

Which browser/operating system combination are you using? I've seen this, but I've only been able to replicate it sporadically on Safari on either an iPhone or iPad.

Reply    Link    Flag
11 months ago
Keith AdamsTo Jeff Arnim

I've seen the two-confirmation behavior on non-iOS platforms but can't recall whether it was on Android/Chrome or Windows/Edge.  When at home I do all my posting and photo management on my Windows desktop; on the road it's my Android phone and Chrome.  I don't recall which scenario it was that I've seen it.

I'm happy to do some experimenting on each platform if you like.

Reply    Link    Flag
11 months ago