USA passport renewals - online soon? - CycleBlaze

Bicycle Travel Forum

USA passport renewals - online soon?

Kelly Iniguez

according to this article - American passport renewals will soon be done online, without needing to mail in documents.

I thought this would be of interest for those of us who ride overseas.

Kelly

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Karen CookTo Kelly Iniguez

Don't remind me.  I just sent mine in last week, to be renewed by snail mail, whenever it is that they get around to it.

Wish this announcement had been made 2 weeks ago.

But yes, it will be helpful in the future.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Mike AylingTo Kelly Iniguez

Hi Kelly

I don't know how long it has been going for but here in Oz we can renew our passports online.

Mike

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Keith AdamsTo Karen Cook

Take heart, Karen: I sent my passport for renewal on 2 November and had the new one in my hands within three weeks.  Here's hoping yours has a similarly expeditious handling and processing.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Karen CookTo Keith Adams

Yeah! Good to know!  Thanks.

Not that there is anywhere I can go right now.  Although if I have to flee in a hurry...

;-)

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Edward HitchcockTo Karen Cook

I last renewed my New Zealand passport in 2016.  I did it all online.  The photo was the most complicated part.  I had a couple of tries to get a photo that passed the automated analysis.

I submitted the application one afternoon.  Next morning I received an email to tell me (correctly) that the new passport was on its way.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Karen CookTo Edward Hitchcock

Good news.  My passport has arrived full of blank pages to be stamped.

I can now travel the world!

Oh wait, there's that whole Covid thing...

(Sigh)

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Keith AdamsTo Karen Cook
Oh wait, there's that whole Covid thing...
(Sigh)

Yeah but at least the passport thing is off the to-do list for the next decade.  So there's that going for you.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago