Twice around the world - CycleBlaze

Bicycle Travel Forum

Twice around the world

Robert Ewing

I suppose not that big or significant an achievement for me or the Western Flyer. The bike has only been east of the Rocky Mountains twice in 14 years. It has been to Hawai`i  a couple of times. Still with the pandemic the last few hundred K took a year to complete. It seemed appropriate to stop and document the “mile stone”.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Mike AylingTo Robert Ewing

Hi Robert

80,000km/50,000 miles is quite an achievement.

Chapeau as the French say.

Did you get the Italian decor computer in Europe?

Mike 

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
John SaxbyTo Robert Ewing

Serious bizness, Robert -- congratulations!  And all under your own power, too -- that makes it all the more noteworthy.  [From another POV, I'll soon mark my 74th journey around the sun.  But, I can't claim to have done that under my own steam ;) ]  

Keep on keeping on,  John

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Robert EwingTo Mike Ayling

Got this Cateye computer on sale at the local bike shop. Seemed proper for my for my Bianchi. Got a German one for my wife's Focus TT bike. My bike has out lived at least a 1/2 dozen computers.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Robert EwingTo John Saxby

It's not really all that many K/Ms. The bike is 15 years old for an average of approx. 3000 K per year. Of course some years a good many more than others. Barely got on my bike until I got my second covid shot. Hoping the hiker/biker campsites open up this summer on the West Coast and I'll be off on a new adventure.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago