Journal Comments - Springtime Spin in Sardinia 2019 - CycleBlaze

Journal Comments (page 2)

From Springtime Spin in Sardinia 2019 by Anne Mathers

Anne Mathers commented on a photo in Buggerru to Carloforte

😂 ok, that makes sense now! 🤣

Patty Barron commented on Buggerru to Carloforte

What happened to the map?
Especially interested in seeing those horrific elevations & hair-raising downhills!

Scott Anderson commented on a photo in Buggerru to Carloforte

Oh! There’s the obelisk! I knew it.

Scott Anderson commented on a photo in Buggerru to Carloforte

Probably our favorite view in Sardinia.

Scott Anderson commented on a photo in Buggerru to Carloforte

Oh, my gosh. This climb! I thought I was going to lose Rachael here. We did this climb after foolishly lying on the beach getting dehydrated. Somewhere near the summit, Rachael started literally bellowing with each turn of the pedals. Scared me half to death.

Scott Anderson commented on a photo in Buggerru to Carloforte

Obelisk or column ahead. You’re not that far from the archeological site at Nora, so it’s likely that.

Keith Classen commented on a photo in Buggerru to Carloforte

How many cycle tourers have you come across in the last week! With those grades let me guess.

Keith Classen commented on a photo in Buggerru to Carloforte

He is not pushing ...is he??

Keith Classen commented on a photo in Buggerru to Carloforte

That is a head scratcher...okay... a straight road for 12 kms plus another 5 for a total of 17 kms. But first you must go around that bend in the road ahead.

Keith Classen commented on Arbus to Buggerru

I was lamenting the last couple days not having access to Open Cycle maps through Guru. Komoot doesn’t quite meet our needs. I do like some of its features but each day the routing it provided is not the route I ended up taking. So I was seriously thinking of trying to load Open Cycle today through the instructions Guru support provided me. But when I opened up Guru it appears that they have reversed their decision with Open-cycle now appearing at the bottom of the list. So you may want to check that out.

Patty Barron commented on a photo in Arbus to Buggerru

😲😲. 🦅. What a thrill!

Patty Barron commented on a photo in Arbus to Buggerru

Aha, English Lord; now the architecture makes more sense!

Patty Barron commented on a photo in Arbus to Buggerru

What an odd structure! Not just the proximity to the road, but the architecture seems so unlike anything else in the area?
Tudor style?

Keith Classen commented on Barumini to Arbus

After your snake encounter I don’t think I could ever get Kathleen to Sardinia. She is terrified of snakes. My most memorable snake encounter is riding solo on the Kettle Valley rail trail just above Naramata. I had my head down thinking I should turn around soon and head back to Penticton when all of a sudden I am riding directly over a 3” rattlesnake. Fortunately for both of us we both came through unscathed. I stopped, turned around and watched it slither off the bike path.

2 years ago
Anne Mathers replied to a comment by Bill Shaneyfelt on a photo in Buggerru to Carloforte

So that’s the trick! Then they must be careful when stripping the trunk.