Journal Comments - You lead me away from home, just to save you from touring alone - CycleBlaze

From You lead me away from home, just to save you from touring alone by Scott Fenwick & Pat Fenwick

Scott Anderson commented on In Alcudia

Hey, we just read about this ride! The Mathers were there the day before. You’re making a believer out of me. We’ll have to make it down ourselves.

21 hours ago
Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Scott Fenwick on a photo in In Toulon

You caught me at a rare moment, one that surprised me too. It helps that we saw the trilogy just a few years ago after they were remastered.

21 hours ago
Scott Fenwick replied to a comment by Scott Anderson on a photo in In Toulon

I never want to play Trivia Pursuit against you Mr. Anderson. I thought it was an interesting mural. Sort of Norman Rockwell ish.

21 hours ago
Scott Fenwick replied to a comment by Eva Walters on a photo in To Alcudia

Yes Eva it is the Ivory Playa. I did give you credit in the introduction for your wonderful journal and leading us to stay here in Alcudia. It is a nice place to spend time. Thank you!

21 hours ago
David Mathers replied to a comment by Scott Fenwick on To Alcudia

Perfect, see you then.

1 day ago
Scott Fenwick replied to a comment by David Mathers on To Alcudia

Sure 11:00 will work for coffee. Catching up on your journal, I thought I would be looking for a couple of Fridays but I see now to be on a couple of hot racing machines.......but they are everywhere! See you soon.

1 day ago
David Mathers replied to a comment by Scott Fenwick on To Alcudia

Good morning Scott,
Buger is the perfect place to meet. Can we try for 11:00 am as the day is going to be hot 🥵
David

1 day ago
Eva Walters commented on a photo in To Alcudia

Is that the Ivory Playa Hotel where you're staying? It sounds like the same arrangement with the bike storage and afternoon pasta. We really enjoyed our time there in 2013. There are so many scenic day rides from there on quiet farm roads. We'd do that one again!

1 day ago
Scott Fenwick replied to a comment by David Mathers on To Alcudia

David and Anne

Thanks for the routing suggestions. Three points not really on my radar. Will try to be in Buger say around noon. Is that close to a possible schedule for you guys? We can be later as well if that is better.

Looks like a one street town and with a cafe --- Forn Can Rafel. Bit of a moving target but we will do our best. Just to add to the challenge, we travel without cell phones.

1 day ago
Scott Anderson commented on a photo in In Toulon

This Scott does also.

1 day ago
Scott Anderson commented on a photo in In Toulon

That wall art. Have you ever seen the Marseilles Trilogy, the three films from the 1930’s by Marcel Pagnol? I think this is a scene from Fanny, the second of the three films.

1 day ago
David Mathers commented on To Alcudia

Hi Scott and Pat,
We’re cycling to Campenet, Buger and sa Pobla tomorrow so if you’re interested in meeting up let us know. It will require cycling and takes away from pool time 😎

1 day ago
Keith Adams commented on a photo in In Toulon

Looking at the photo on my phone, I thought the object in the background was a BUILDING. Yowza that's one big boat.

Keith Adams commented on a photo in To Toulon

That Ugly Duckling is either fabulously well preserved or has been very nicely restored, judging by what little I can see (mostly the color/state of the paint, and the wax job).

David Mathers commented on To Toulon

We’ve been enjoying following along. Have a great ferry trip and we hope to see you on Mallorca. We’re at the hotel Eolo in Port de Pollensa until the 21st and then transfer to Soller.
Dave and Anne