Journal Comments - The Hills are Alive (with the sound of wheezing) - CycleBlaze

Journal Comments (page 2)

From The Hills are Alive (with the sound of wheezing) by Jon Ayling

Mike Ayling commented on a photo in Before the Deluge

Sighthounds are dogs that hunt their prey by sight, e.g. Greyhounds compared to scent hounds like fox hounds. We have an adopted retired Greyhound.
Cuzzie Mike

1 month ago
Jon Ayling replied to a comment by Kathleen Jones on The Mountain Bike Route

Thanks Kathleen - that's amazing, I guess the valleys tend to funnel people to the same destinations, but it's still pretty remarkable as it's not like Bad Mittendorf is that big a place. Yeah, it's a really dramatic location and seems to be a lovely town - in some ways I wish I could have got to know it a bit better. I was lucky to have good conditions and needed to make the most of them!

4 months ago
Kathleen Jones commented on The Mountain Bike Route

I had just been wondering "I wonder if he'll go through Bad Mitterndorf" but hadn't actually gotten around to looking up where it was located. I spent Christmas 1980 in Bad Mitterndorf at the start of 18 months of traveling around Europe and Africa. I was there with my brother and his wife, who lived in Heidelberg, and my sister, who was attending Reading U for the year. We had a lot of fun there; going to the bad was an everyday activity. I forgot about Grimming and how it dominated the valley. Great to see it again. You earned that meal at the campground. Spectacular day.

4 months ago
Kathleen Jones commented on a photo in The Mountain Bike Route

That crane looks like it's attached to the mountain. That gave things a very weird perspective. I eventually figured it out though.

4 months ago
Rachael Anderson commented on You shall not Pass?

Great job! Sorry about all the rain.

4 months ago
Jon Ayling replied to a comment by Kathleen Jones on You shall not Pass?

It was a big day with lots of variety! I'll just say that things continued to be ... interesting. Mostly in a good way!

5 months ago
Kathleen Jones commented on You shall not Pass?

What a day! Highlight of the trip? waiting with bated breath.

5 months ago
Rachael Anderson commented on The heavens open, but for some reason I go for the off-road pass anyway

What a tough day! Congratulations!

5 months ago
Jon Ayling replied to a comment by Rachael Anderson on A fortuitous window

Thanks Rachael!

5 months ago
Rachael Anderson commented on A fortuitous window

Glad you’re settling in well and getting a much needed rest. I look forward to reading about your travels.

5 months ago
Jon Ayling replied to a comment by Kathleen Jones on Back across the North sea

Thanks Kathleen, oh yes combination of whisky and and exhaustion has meant some very restoring 10 hour night sleeps. Also cannot stop eating!

5 months ago
Jon Ayling replied to a comment by Scott Anderson on Back across the North sea

Thanks Scott, I'm now thoroughly settled into a lazy quarantine life. I should finally get around to filling in the empty section with the actual cycling in now!

5 months ago
Kathleen Jones commented on Back across the North sea

Whisky is medicine, especially under quarantine. Glad you're home and fattening up.

5 months ago
Scott Anderson commented on Back across the North sea

Welcome home, happy quarantine. Looking forward to filling in a few gaps in the tale.

5 months ago
Jon Ayling replied to a comment by Rachael Anderson on An absurdly early start

Thanks Rachael! I've had some last-minute dashes for transport before but this was a but crazy. The tour was pretty varied so hopefully should make for interesting reading!

5 months ago