Journal Comments - Winterlude 2020 - CycleBlaze

From Winterlude 2020 by Scott Anderson & Rachael Anderson

Jen Grumby commented on The long drive, part 2

What a beautiful place! That video makes me want to go out for a paddle.

Hope you get out for at least a short kayak outing!

13 hours ago
Jen Grumby commented on a photo in The long drive, part 2

Wow!

13 hours ago
Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Jen Grumby on The Dodgeland loop

Oh! Thanks for the reminder!

13 hours ago
Jen Grumby commented on The Dodgeland loop

Too bad you can't design your own credit card number, made up of key people's birth dates!

When I was in college I worked in the mail room and by the time I graduated had memorized several zip codes. Now *that* is useless information. Along with all the matress store jingles that never seem to get purged from the archives.

At least your credit card number memorization has served you well in at least one situation.

Speaking of birthdays .. I think someone has one coming up in a few days?

13 hours ago
Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Jen Grumby on a photo in Paskenta

Thanks, Jen. I’m glad it forced me to think harder about what I wanted to remember. Finding this decent photo is good enough to complete the picture.

14 hours ago
Gregory Garceau commented on a photo in Paskenta

A water tower with windows? I'm sorry, a water tower should be a big featureless steel structure, narrow at the bottom and bulbous at the top. That's how God intended them to be.

14 hours ago
Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Gregory Garceau on a photo in Paskenta

Thanks, Greg. You made me laugh, and made my morning.

14 hours ago
Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Jen Grumby on The Dodgeland loop

Yes, they were right where I expected to find them, in the underbag. I need to remember to position my wallet with the slots forward so that the cards don’t gradually ease their way out; or put it in a ziplock bag first.

Memorized. Oddly enough, I find this easy to do even though my memory is so terrible in other more useful ways. Birthdays, for example. People would be more impressed if I could remember their birthday once in a while than that I know my CC#.

14 hours ago
Gregory Garceau commented on a photo in Paskenta

Maybe the best one-word caption of all time.

14 hours ago
Jen Grumby commented on a photo in Paskenta

Wow! Very impressive .. and so cool that you've recorded the story about your visit there. Every bit as valuable as the missing photos.

14 hours ago
Jen Grumby commented on The Dodgeland loop

Did you find your credit cards & ID?

Do you have your credit card number memorized or stored in a secret place?

Either way, that was quite the Parlour Stunt!

14 hours ago
Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Victa Calvo on a photo in The long drive

Lucky man, you. This looks like it must have been a wonderful place to grow up. I’ve been watching for the right excuse to take a tour here for several years. It was on our list for earlier it his past fall if Croatia had fallen through, but it seemed to cold for right now.

1 day ago
Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Victa Calvo on a photo in Cana Road

Interesting practice. I’ve been known to execute a face plant or two myself, but not by design.

1 day ago
Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Kathleen Jones on a photo in Paskenta

Well, sure. I believe so too. I guess I could have bothered to look it up in the guidebook.

1 day ago