Journal Comments - Winterlude 2020 - CycleBlaze

From Winterlude 2020 by Scott Anderson & Rachael Anderson

marilyn swett commented on a photo in Pinto Basin

Hi Scott - I love the light shining through these cholla. In fact, I've been so intrigued with the rides you've done in Borrego Spring and Joshua Tree that we're planning to go to both on a trip we're working on for the fall, on the way to Arizona from Idaho. We'll be in California in late October which looks like nice temps. We did want to also go to Death Valley but the timing isn't right as temps are still very high for most of October. We might just drive through there and call it good for this year.

58 minutes ago
Bill Shaneyfelt commented on a photo in The long drive: crossing the Mojave Desert

Memories!
I went there with my daughter in 2017. Wetter year & lots of flowers.

1 hour ago
Gregory Garceau commented on a photo in The long drive: crossing the Mojave Desert

You may ask if I'm enjoying Amboy,
I will gladly reply, "yes I am, boy.
The best kind of psalms,
Praise Twenty-Nine Palms,
Otherwise I don't give a damn, boy.

2 hours ago
Jen Grumby commented on a photo in Pinto Basin

"Mum's the word!", Rachael said.
So long as this mask's on my head.
She may try to speak
Through face cover so chic
But she sounds like her mouth's full of bread!

6 hours ago
Gregory Garceau replied to a comment by Scott Anderson on Keys View

In my over-exuberance, what I really meant to say is that I LOVE the American deserts.

1 day ago
Bill Shaneyfelt commented on a photo in Pinto Basin

Deceptive and stealthy, they are!

1 day ago
Bill Shaneyfelt commented on a photo in Pinto Basin

Makes me want to go look for fossils or other interesting rocks. Contact zones just seem so interesting.

1 day ago
Bill Shaneyfelt commented on a photo in Pinto Basin

Too bad this year has been so dry. Hedgehogs have wonderful blooms!

1 day ago
Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Suzanne Gibson on Keys View

Thanks, Suzanne. It’s a great relief, alright. It’s been a big worry in the back of our minds for months. And you’re right, Joshua Tree is quite a special place.

1 day ago
Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Gregory Garceau on Keys View

It’s a pretty special place, alright. Probably best visited on foot, really. We’ve never been to Big Bend or Guadalupe, but one of these winters.

1 day ago
Suzanne Gibson commented on Keys View

Happy to hear that all went well with your son's op.
What a fantastic place Joshua Tree is! Beautiful video!

1 day ago
Gregory Garceau commented on Keys View

Along with Death Valley, Mojave National Preserve, Lake Mead, the Grand Canyon, Arches N.P., Canyonlands N.P., Big Bend N.P., Guadalupe N.P., and Organ Pipe National Monument, Joshua Tree is one of the greatest places I've ever been to. Maybe THE greatest. Loved the hand over hand climbing on those boulders.

1 day ago
Gregory Garceau commented on a photo in Keys View

Yes, I admit I tricked you,
Did you have to trick me too?
But heck yeah,
Mt. Et-nya,
I LIKE it, yes I do!

1 day ago
Andrea Brown commented on a photo in Keys View

I like this photo.

Bill Shaneyfelt commented on a photo in Keys View

:-)

Looks like a male side blotched lizard. You can see them even in the dead of winter on warm days. One of the most common lizards, and a staple in the diet of roadrunners.