In Abrucena ( a photo gallery) - The Seven Year Itch - CycleBlaze

April 2, 2024

In Abrucena ( a photo gallery)

After I’d recovered sufficiently I went out for a look around the village - we certainly worked hard enough to make it up here, I might as well see what it has to offer.  A nice thing about small places like this is that it doesn’t take you that long to get the feel of a place and to cover enough ground that you feel like you’ve done the place justice.  I was out for maybe 40 minutes, which was enough for a respectable look.  A good thing, because that was about the extent of the energy I had left.

Abrucena surprised me.  It’s not really what I expected to find in a small mountain village like this.  It’s surprisingly tidy and well cared for, with most houses having a fresh, whitewashed look.  I liked the way many of them have a broad stripe of color at the base, something that makes you think of a Portuguese town.

There’s no order or theme in the photos here.  Its a pure dump, to help us remember and to give you a feel for it.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
A cow for Susan.
Heart 5 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 1
Bill ShaneyfeltIron thresh hold... Probably not much thresh to hold in today's life, but the handles make me wonder.
Reply to this comment
1 month ago
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 2
Keith AdamsSTEEP! And n a r r o w too...
Reply to this comment
3 weeks ago
Scott AndersonTo Keith AdamsYup. Nice to be on foot and not a bike. Wait until you get to Jerez though!
Reply to this comment
3 weeks ago
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 1
Karen PoretLooks like a mini rr track ;)
Reply to this comment
1 month ago
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 1
Patrick O'HaraI get such a pensive, quiet and lonely vibe from these shots.
Reply to this comment
1 month ago
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 9
Comment on this entry Comment 0