Day 5 - Treat Street Loop - PedalPushin 2024 - CycleBlaze

February 11, 2024

Day 5 - Treat Street Loop

We woke today looking for warmth.  Got the blue sky and very little wind, but where’s the warmth?

So rather than ride in the colder temperatures, we did a neighborhood walk first allowing the sun to warm things up a bit.  Not a lot of birds, but a swarm of House Sparrows came by and posed for a quick picture.  The other birds, Roadrunners, Curve-billed Thrashers, and several unknown simply didn’t want to participate.

House Sparrow
Heart 0 Comment 0

Around noon, the temperature climbed enough that I declared it was time.  We got a route from Kelly who got it from the Andersons that incorporated the Harrison Greenway, Pantano Bikeway, the Rillito Bikeway and the Treat Street Blvd.  It was highly recommended so we set forth.

It was simply great cycling the entire way.  Each section has its own flavor but the ability to string them together is what makes the Loop what it is.

Rillito Mural … amazing piece of work that changes perspective as you go by. Everything does line up when you get in the right spot.
Heart 2 Comment 0

Towards our turn down point, we cycled by the Rillito Mural which was quite the treat.  There is a top section and a bottom section and from across the wash you can get to a certain point where they line up for the full effect.  It is a desert focused theme and it was enjoyable to see how many people stopped across the wash to take pictures from different angles.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
My favorite spot on the mural
Heart 1 Comment 1
Kelly IniguezThose colors are vivid!
Reply to this comment
3 months ago
Can you spot the Alaskan cyclist?
Heart 0 Comment 0

At that point we headed south down the Treat Street Biking Blvd.  What a joy!  Quiet streets with ample signage and painted markers on the road so you never got lost or overlooked a turn.  Once done we were on the Aviation Bikeway which we have cycled before and we made our way back to the AirBnb by way of the now familiar Julian Wash Bikeway.

Heart 0 Comment 0

Definitely a full day but a route that we can highly recommend to any visiting or local cyclist.

Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 46 miles (74 km)
Total: 1,216 miles (1,957 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Kelly IniguezIt was a pleasure to meet! I look forward to seeing you again. Your daughter makes wonderful flags - the details make them even better.
Reply to this comment
3 months ago