April 8 - 14 … The Passing of an Era - PedalPushin 2024 - CycleBlaze

April 8, 2024 to April 14, 2024

April 8 - 14 … The Passing of an Era

Spring is coming as are a few transitions.  We originally purchased our Terratrike Travellers 13 years ago in anticipation for my retirement.  The idea of folding up some trikes, jumping on a plane, and cycling far and wide was the goal.

After 4000 miles of traveling in 39 states, with about 5,500 miles, and 13 years, the Travellers have moved to a new home.
Heart 1 Comment 0

But along the way, the reality of life set in and it took quite a few years to figure out the best manner of transport until we found the perfect size box from U-Haul.  Then enter a brain hemorrhage and subsequent stroke, the pandemic, and life in general.

But in the end, we were able to cycle 39 different states and a lot of miles.

Fast forward … last year I replaced the Travellers with ICE Adventures and the Travellers spent the winter in storage until a message came from the son of a friend inquiring.  24 hours later, trikes were fitted, cleaned and prepped, and then loaded into new vehicles to start their new adventure. We will probably see them again as the new owners are local and live along one of our normal cycling loops.  They served us well.

Sure sign of spring … the waterways are transitioning from solids to liquids
Heart 3 Comment 0

So … quite the transition.  Now there are only 4 trikes in the stable, all ICE Adventures, all waiting as spring continues to bloom.  I was only able to get 3 outdoor rides in this week as riding in the cold with snow coming down with wind wasn’t quite what I needed.

This week, however, is looking quite promising with temperatures climbing into the 50’s, clear roads, and bright sunshine.  The waterways are also giving way to a liquid environment and the pussywillows are starting to bloom.  The season has begun!

Pussywillows … another sure sign of spring in Alaska
Heart 2 Comment 0

Today's ride: 217 miles (349 km)
Total: 3,152 miles (5,073 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 0