Another day of R&R at EM Wellness - Six Wheels Through Japan Part 2 - CycleBlaze

December 21, 2023

Another day of R&R at EM Wellness

We have decided  to stay an additional night. Today will be a rest day…one of those nights with little sleep and not feeling up to a day of riding. This is certainly not a hardship as we love where we are. The Onsen spa is exceptional…perhaps one of the better ones we have experienced, and that is saying something. Both the men’s and women’s baths have three large pools with different minerals and dedicated spaces where you recline with therapeutic jets, 2 saunas, a cold pool…all laid out in a spacious design . It can be busy but never crowded. In keeping with the philosophy of EM, special drinking water is complimentary and the products they  provide for showering and a luscious body cream are from the EM Wellness line, as well. We feel pampered.  
Today we plan to have a relaxing day reading, perhaps a a nap, a visit to the spa, then dinner  somewhere and onsen before bed.

We see very few people with tattoos in Japan. Japan is a country where generally tattoos are not acceptable. Generally, Onsens do not allow admission if you have tattoos that are visible…that is, if they are not covered up. Since you wear no clothing at a public bath, a covering like this is the only option.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltInteresting that they don't let you into the public baths with tattoos - - but nice that they offer a band-aid looking item to cover a tattoo... However, some people have tattoos that cover a lot of their bodies....I guess they couldn't go in at all --
Reply to this comment
4 months ago
This sign is at the entrance to a public bath. Translation reads: Persons with tattoos, regardless of number or size, are prohibited from using the facility. We sell foundation stickers at the front desk, so please hide them when using them.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This hallway shows the history of this hotel with photos lining the wall, artifacts of the era and these albums full of memorabilia. We like that this old hotel has been given new life by the new ownership, EM Wellness. Too often, we see buildings just left to deteriorate rather than being demolished or given new life as this hotel has been.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Barry went for a bike ride to get groceries and I went to the cafe for a treat and some time to read. I had a Cappuccino and a chestnut cream cake. The crust was a dense crispy chocolate with nuts and a yummy whole chestnut at the top. Delicious.
Heart 1 Comment 2
Charmaine RuppoltYou all are certainly eating well on your trip! :)
Reply to this comment
4 months ago
Barry BartlettAnd thank goodness I am riding or I wouldn’t fit on the plane!
Reply to this comment
4 months ago
A nice view from the cafe with a bit of sun poking through. A good day for relaxing inside.
Heart 0 Comment 0
What a good change to have blue sky again. However the wind has ramped up…hoping it is not a headwind.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Feeling much better and restored from some TLC at EM Wellness hotel.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We have enjoyed our spacious and comfortable room.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The one thing we weren’t excited about at the hotel was their healthy approach at the vending machine. We tried the vegan instant noodle soup…would not recommend it.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The hotel provides you with a pitcher (BPA) free for water. The drinking water at the hotel is safe to drink, but they provide water throughout the hotel at stations like this if you prefer.
Heart 0 Comment 0
You can also go the route of these Japanese creations, such as Sake made from vipers, etc.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0