Change of plans - 80+1 - CycleBlaze

Change of plans

June 18th, 2023

Change of plans

I decided to end my trip back east. The riding was a great pleasure but, the logistics were daunting even with Anne’s help. Sorting out where to stay and looking ahead at 100 mile best bicycling roads, often without services were the two deciding factors. So, Saturday morning we turned west and drove to Ellensburg WA where I’m riding the Palouse to Cascade trail (aka John Wayne Pioneer Trail, Iron Horse Trail) over the next two days, one that I have wanted to ride forever.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 7
Nancy GrahamI am a huge believer in not doing what is not fun! This is a good choice for you at this time, and the Palouse trail should prove more fun ;’-).
Stay safe and enjoy.
Reply to this comment
11 months ago
JB SmithWise choice Al! You had a great adventure no matter. Have a great ride home.
Reply to this comment
11 months ago
Mike AylingSorry to hear that Al.
I was enjoying your ride.
Reply to this comment
11 months ago
Paul ShermanI support your choice Al. Look forward hearing about your trail ride.
Reply to this comment
11 months ago
Anne SchreivoglIt is amazing how hard it has been to be spontaneous on this trip. The bike needs to be charged nightly, thus indoor accommodations needed.

Summer weekends have rooms booked due to festivals/concerts/summer travel. Plus a lot of research trying to be sure to avoid roads that have high fast (70+ MPH) traffic and no shoulders. Disappointing to cancel, for sure...AND totally inspiring to watch Al pedal over mountain passes and through states. Wow.
Reply to this comment
11 months ago
Barbara GlenewinkelI know it must be disappointing, but you have done something truly amazing to me! Loved all the photos of you riding. In spite of ending your trip, I hope you can feel proud of your accomplishment. Plus, I know you had some truly awesome times doing this. I'm still very proud of you for taking this on, and what a wonderful way to celebrate turning 80! You are inspiring.
Reply to this comment
11 months ago
Al GlenewinkelI'm sure you're disappointed and I can understand your decision. I hope to see you soon.
Reply to this comment
11 months ago