Égletons to Bulle, Switzerland (by car) - Spring in Iberia - CycleBlaze

April 29, 2024

Égletons to Bulle, Switzerland (by car)

So far it's been a day of sun, a day of rain, a day of sun, and today again a day of rain, at least until the afternoon as we approached our destination. We drove through vast expanses of thinly populated countryside, the volcanic terrain of Auvergne was impressive, and the closer we got to Geneva, the clearer the mountain skyline. It was a long day but until we crossed over into Switzerland, the traffic was light. I had been a bit worried about the circumnavigation of Lyons where we got mixed up in its labyrinth of highways on our way a month ago. But this time we were both very attentive and took all the right turn-offs.

Bridge architecture on our way
Heart 7 Comment 2
Scott AndersonBeautiful shot!
Reply to this comment
1 month ago
Karen PoretIn black and white is very fitting!
Reply to this comment
1 month ago
Low hanging clouds and rain characterized the first part of the day.
Heart 2 Comment 0

As yesterday, we are again staying at an Ibis hotel. In Égletons it was small and had a personal touch, and a restaurant as well. Today's is giant and impersonal, but it's comfortable and we have no complaints.  No food, though. We can either walk to the train station for ramen noodles or get pizza from the pizza machine downstairs, that would be a first.

If I crane my neck, I get this view from our window.
Heart 5 Comment 0

We went for the pizza experiment.

This is the pizza vendor.
Heart 0 Comment 0
After three minutes my pizza funghi and Janos' pizza gruyère came out piping hot. They tasted kind of rubbery.
Heart 0 Comment 2
Scott AndersonI love Janos’ expression. Thanks for trying this out first for us!
Reply to this comment
1 month ago
Jacquie GaudetTo Scott AndersonThe automat pizza I had in France wasn’t too bad; different vendor, though. For me, it was the only option that evening that didn’t require descending all the way back into Lannion and climbing back up (100 m vertical) after what had already been a long day.
Reply to this comment
1 month ago

I guess that's an experiment that we don't have to repeat. But our tummies were filled and we had some tangerines and yoghurt to round the meal off.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 9
Comment on this entry Comment 0