Pierre Bikeways - PedalPushin “The Final Two” 2023 - CycleBlaze

September 14, 2023

Pierre Bikeways

Interesting day as I wasn’t sure about the riding in Pierre. Searches revealed a single trail north, RidewithGPS showed a few rides, and the City of Pierre Bike Map showed some other possibilities. So using all three sources and the MapOut app, I put together a possible ride. 

But before riding we sat in the rental and waited an hour hoping the rain would stop, which it mostly did. 

We decided to head south first along the Missouri River on a trail labeled the Lewis and Clark Trail. The trail turned to crushed cinders at about the 2 mile mark and it was an excellent riding surface as well as a path which wound through the wooded areas along the river and it just kept going until we came to a large city run campground. So we then headed back towards town and rode on one of the islands to find a similar trail system. 

The main path south out of downtown Pierre
Heart 0 Comment 0
Missouri River
Heart 0 Comment 0
Excellent riding
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Well so far, so good, so we headed north to the bridge spanning the Missouri River, rode over the top to see the bike path blocked as a new bridge was being built and given the clouds and rain we had dodged most of the day, we opted to turn around and count the ride as a win. No rain, no wind, quiet cycling, and slightly cloudy skies. A good day indeed. 

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 22 miles (35 km)
Total: 470 miles (756 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0