Mackinaw City to Petoskey - Lake Michigan Circle Tour 2023 - CycleBlaze

July 21, 2023

Mackinaw City to Petoskey

Day 7

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today was an amazing day on the bike! We went from the dreary slog of yesterdays rain to the sublime, georgeous, superfun sunshine, mild temps and amazing route! We racked our bikes to get over the bridge from St Ignace to Mackinaw City, and then rode 56 of the best miles to Petoskey. A big section of our route was the Tunnel of Trees. You need to ride this road! Today both Dave and Loretta were with us for a section. Our only time on the tour where all five of us have been on the road together. We took a minibreak at this little coffee shop in the woods. And on our way to Petoskey, we stopped at the Touring Gear bike shop in Harbor Springs. Loretta and I bought matching Jerseys which we will show you later. We met up with Loretta’s friend Ellen, who showed us where to find the spring water that Harbor Springs is famous for. After that, about ten miles to Petoskey, and a monster climb to get to our hotel. It was a challenge, but we did it, and that satisfies.

Today's ride: 55 miles (89 km)
Total: 487 miles (784 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Christy HoffGreat notes! Sounds like you all are meeting the challenge of riding and rain very well. Best wishes for better weather in the "down side".
Reply to this comment
9 months ago