Adjusting to the time change in Bordeaux - A zig-zag tour across France - CycleBlaze

October 13, 2010

Adjusting to the time change in Bordeaux

WEATHER: SUNNY

We slept like logs and woke up just in time for breakfast at 9:00. We were the only guests, and we had a nice chat with Geneviève, an English teacher. She speaks fluent English, and we decided to wait a day to converse with her en français. After breakfast (continental with good croissants and baguettes and a huge assortment of jams) we walked around Bordeaux, checking out the major sites and the walkway along the river. We ate the 12 euro lunch outside at La Terasse St. Pierre in a shaded square under a huge chestnut tree--oeuf cocotte au fois gras and emincé de poulet a l'ananas, with a glass of Bordeaux each.

Near the Opera House looking north.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Le Miroir d'Eau des Quais along the river reflects people and buildings.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Back to Cosy Corner for a rest, and then Al put the bikes together outside in the walled garden in the sunshine. It was very pleasant; Geneviève brought us coffee and took photos of the Bike Fridays.

Assembling the bikes in the garden of the B&B.
Heart 1 Comment 2
Scott AndersonI really like this. It looks like a Renoir.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Eva WaltersTo Scott AndersonThanks Scott. Al usually feels more like a Magritte painting.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago

We found dinner at Brasserie du Sud-Ouest, two blocks from the B&B. We both had bruschetta with vegetables and mozzarella for entrees, then I tried duck confit--too fatty--and Al had a spicy fish tagine. For dessert I had my first chocolate fondant of the trip and Al had aumoniere de pommes. With dinner we had a ½ bottle of Chateau Lalande de Taleyran. Then back home and happily to bed.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0