Day 57 -Abilene to Junction City: Made It!! - Off To See the Wizard - CycleBlaze

July 25, 2014

Day 57 -Abilene to Junction City: Made It!!

The ride into Junction City was short and sweet. We had a little bit of a tailwind so that with all of the support from friends and family made it just seem to fly by.

High school friends Angie and her husband Gay met us at about mile 9 for us 14 for them. So nice for them to get up so early and do this. Then they went with us all the way to Mom's. Along the way my brother and niece met us and escorted us all the way in......waiting at Mom's were sister Catherine, Janice, Laurie, CW and of course Mom such a great reception!

Janet and Gay
Heart 0 Comment 0
Janet seeing her little brother Clifford
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cliff brings Jack a cup of coffee!!
Heart 0 Comment 0
For a great guy!!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heading into town....
Heart 0 Comment 0
We made it!!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Thanks babe...we did it together!
Heart 1 Comment 1
Kathleen JonesYou did well with those DaBrims not getting in the way of the smooch. Practice makes perfect, eh?
Reply to this comment
5 years ago

After the celebration we had a wonderful brunch. We made it in before 9AM. Good thing because today is the hottest day of the year....115 heat index.

Thanks to Mom, Catherine, Kristin, Clifford, CW, Laurie, Angie, Janice and Gay for a great welcome home!! I will check back in a few days and let you know how the reunion goes and last thoughts. I need time to discover what they are...the thoughts that is.

Thanks to all of you for hanging with us!! It means a lot.

One of The last hills!

Only two more after this one...I was so excited I could barely breath and the last one was so steep...I thought great. I'll not make it in front of all these people. But I made it without public humiliation.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Mom brought out the flowers and champagne!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Sunrise the last day!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Angie and Gay
Heart 0 Comment 0
Chapman the home of Astronaut Joe Engle
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Celebration!!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Jack is trading his trucker in on this sweet ride!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 24 miles (39 km)
Total: 2,280 miles (3,669 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0