Day 52 - Tribune to Scott City: Now That's The Way To Ride.....2,031 miles! How about that?! - Off To See the Wizard - CycleBlaze

July 20, 2014

Day 52 - Tribune to Scott City: Now That's The Way To Ride.....2,031 miles! How about that?!

This leaving at six in the morning is really paying off. Today's ride being just a bit shorter, a little more downhill to flat and having a slight tailwind, seemed like a day off. We arrived here in Scott City by 11:30AM. That must be some sort of record for us.

There really isn't to much to tell. So I will let the few photos tell the story. When we arrived here we decided to ride both directions of town...glad we did! Guess what we found? A Best Western...we were so excited. Yes, it is more expensive than the local place listed on our map, The Lazy R Motel. However, after the last two nights we were feeling like we wanted a clean, comfortable room. One you could walk barefoot in. The last two were actually less inviting than our tent and had it been cooler we would have camped.

We let him go first...they were rolling out at the same time we were. They stopped to fill out their log book and we went ahead. Later when he passed us all the light went away. It was like a black cloud passed over us!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Flower of the Day?
Heart 1 Comment 0
Bug of the Day -- these guys were everywhere! We had to swerve to miss crushing them. They were about three inches long at times.
Heart 1 Comment 0
In Leoti we saw this....funny (sorry they were closed). Leoti was a really cute, clean town. In fact most of the towns since the border have been a little more prosperous than those of Eastern Colorado. May have something to do with the much more fertile soil. We are seeing huge farms and we did pass a HUGE feeder lot.
Heart 1 Comment 0
You have to make your own shade out here...and wind break. See these compounds for every farm.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lone Old barn
Heart 1 Comment 0
Coming into Scott City were some murals. I have seen very few on this trip.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Scott City an All American City
Heart 1 Comment 0

Well we are walking to Wendy's for dinner. Then it's lights out. We are now in the Central time zone so that means it will be 4 am when we get up tomorrow. Oh my!

Today's ride: 50 miles (80 km)
Total: 2,031 miles (3,269 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0