Day 48 - Cotopaxi to Pueblo: No.....it is not all down hill from here! - Off To See the Wizard - CycleBlaze

July 16, 2014

Day 48 - Cotopaxi to Pueblo: No.....it is not all down hill from here!

Just checked into Super 8 motel....going to the pizza place next door and then will be back to update. Just wanted to say Hello and we are good. Be back soon.

Manhattan New York Style Pizza in Pueblo is the place to be it seems. It was packed and the pizza was good. We are full and have enough leftover for lunch tomorrow. Cold pizza and biking...what a life.

Today was nearly a repeat of yesterday except for the downhill part. We had three rainy events. The first we were headed up the climb to Canon (which we thought would be our last). Half way up we had to take the rain gear off it was so warm...mid 80's. The second it was so warm we just rode in our shirts. The rain only lasted about 30 minutes and we were wind dried in about five! The last was a come and go drizzle the rest if the afternoon.

When we came into the motel lobby a guy there said there were flash flood warnings for here and good thing we stopped. We hope not!

Some of the sites for today.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We enjoyed the ride along the Arkansas River.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We met Russell today..he was traveling West and is from San Francisco. We were taking each other's photo.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Do NOT get road advice from Earl at Absolute Cycle in Salida!!!! He said there would be a climb to Canon City (correct) and then it would be downhill to Pueblo. NOT...does this look downhill? We had 35 miles of steep rolling hills. Good news is it was cool and rainy and it was still easier than a lot of days we have had so far. Thanks Earl.....
Heart 0 Comment 0
This was the last big climb of the trip...1000ft in just a couple of miles. We have dropped 4,000ft since we left Anne and David's. Jack taking off his rain gear.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 69 miles (111 km)
Total: 1,807 miles (2,908 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0