Day 41 - Saratoga to Riverside: Blowing in the Wind - Off To See the Wizard - CycleBlaze

July 9, 2014

Day 41 - Saratoga to Riverside: Blowing in the Wind

Slept in a little later than the last few days and still made it on the road at a respectable touring time. Our maps said it would be 16 miles.....just outside of town the Hwy marker said 18 miles. Our Cateye recorded 17.57 which makes the Hwy marker correct. We have found several discrepancies in the last two sections of our ACA maps.

Immediately on today's ride we knew we were glad we only had a short ride. We were given the pleasure of dealing with those famous Wyoming winds. It wasn't even 10am and they were gusting at 25-30 mph.....the good news they were off our right side. Better that than head wind! We saw a National Forest Service Office immediately and stopped to inquire about water at a camp we might be at Friday.

National Forest Service - bottom line with any NFS camp bring your own water. That is what we thought. They may have some but not always drinkable. To bad...as we have passed on some beautiful camps because of this. Remember our lesson learned on day 3 or 4. That seems so long ago!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Getting the Scoop. Jack has since pointed out to me that the irony, which I didnt notice, is that this guy is dumping an entire tank of water as Jack inquires about water in camp! Zoom in..
Heart 0 Comment 0

We were delighted to see that - Yes the views changed today! What good news....we found our way to Riverside in a couple of hours in spite of the wind and are enjoying a nice afternoon in the Lazy Acres RV Park. A nice shady place to spend the afternoon.

Green Fields Again.....With flowers.....First since the Tetons.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Yes......watch for bicycles!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lazy Acres - This is one of the best RV parks yet!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Home for today
Heart 0 Comment 0

The weather calls for rain everyday for the next week in the afternoon. We expected this once we got to Colorado. Guess it might be true.

My view in my office today...not bad.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Took a walk around the park and had a nice little photo-op! FYI to any of you interested photographers out there......I am shooting in RAW & JPEG. I download photos to an iPad and work on only the JPEG in PhotoShop Express (can't load RAW to iPad-read you could with new Lightroom Mobile but didn't work for me-and to busy to figure it out). I can only use a few slider adjustments and cropping and use a couple of filters..no spot removal or cleaning up. I look forward to working on the RAW files when I get home. What a winter project! I am excited as some of the JPEG's look pretty good. Hope you enjoy as it brings me joy to look at the world through my view finder....slows me down and calms my soul.

Lazy Acres Office - Over 100 years old. Door said ring bell...we couldn't find it until we heard it, then went ......Da!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cabins for rent
Heart 0 Comment 0
Down By the River
Heart 0 Comment 0
Property Next Door
Heart 0 Comment 0
Old Barn/House in the Park
Heart 0 Comment 0
Yes.....leaving Wyoming tomorrow! I must admit parts of it have been Beautiful.......
Heart 0 Comment 0
Around Camp
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 18 miles (29 km)
Total: 1,547 miles (2,490 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0