Day 4 - Sisters to Prinville: Are we still in Oregon? - Off To See the Wizard - CycleBlaze

June 1, 2014

Day 4 - Sisters to Prinville: Are we still in Oregon?

What a beautiful day today!! Neither of us expected Oregon to look like this. I kept thinking I was in Montana already......guess I am in for a surprise when I get there.

Today's ride was a bit easier than the last few days. We had a nice 20 miles to Redmond which is a nice size town. We stopped at the local Starbucks had coffee and breakfast burritos from the breakfast bar at the motel this morning. Speaking of breakfast at the Best Western Ponderosa in Sisters you will be joined by these guys.....they are on the motel grounds just in front of the breakfast room.

We wanted to tour So America...but only got to Oregon!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

From Redmond to Prineville was a quick 17 miles with a few rollers thrown in for fun. We also had a sweet decent into Prineville. Our views today were vast and beautiful. Not many photos but a good day to ride.

Entering Redmond
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our view most of the day!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Just outside of Redmond...it's For Sale
Heart 0 Comment 0
For Josh
Heart 0 Comment 0

We are in a Best Western again tonight......we are on their 'frequent visitor' program. Working on a free night. Janet had an incident today that required she be near the rest room. Seems to be an isolated incident but just in case we came here. Below you see her climbing the last surprise hill with a head wind. Great dinner at the restaurant down the street Club Pioneer.

Yes I can!
Heart 0 Comment 0
In the lobby ...they said the TransAm racers are booked to stay here on June 19th. We will be ahead of them for awhile.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We had a feeling all day we forgot something this morning. We finally figured out what we forgot was our 'state of confusion'. We are getting in a groove...items are being packed in the same place each day and we remember where they are. We have used everything we brought so there is nothing extra.....well my second pair of bike shorts however after losing a pair of hiking shorts down the river once I always travel with a spare pair. Jack said at dinner today felt like 'we can really do this'.

This quote from Mark Twain sums it up.....

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

Mark Twain, Mark Twain: The Innocents Abroad/Roughing It

Get out there if you can.

Three Sisters
Heart 0 Comment 0

PS......does anyone know what kind of 'pine' tree this is?

? Looked almost like Bristlecone pine but the bark is dark?
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 41 miles (66 km)
Total: 161 miles (259 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0