Day 12 - Rest in Oxbow: Taking advantage of the shade - Off To See the Wizard - CycleBlaze

June 9, 2014

Day 12 - Rest in Oxbow: Taking advantage of the shade

Rest in place day!

Do you know how long a day is when you try to do nothing? Long......we made it until about 11am being completely idle then we decided to glue the seams of our tent. I had intended to do so before we left but there just wasn't time. I brought it with me thinking there would be a day just like this to do so. We have had the best weather so far. It might change Friday. Our tent is only a few years old but we have never actually been in the rain with it so I thought better safe than sorry. *** tent did great in the rain the entire trip. NO LEAKS YET!

With that task complete Jack decided it was a good day to spiff up the bikes a little. They are probably dirtier than they have ever been. He checked and tightened anything that might be working loose but all was secure. We came down a long stretch of hill yesterday that was pretty bumpy. Next we decided to go through all of our 'stuff' and see if there was anything we could off-load. We each left behind about a pound or so......again didn't even bother to mail home just tossed in the trash. Tonight I traded my large pot for two cold lime cokes......what a deal. Sweet retired teacher couple had them. We enjoyed a nice visit with them.

In camp is Richard Mason of The Lemonade Tour. He arrived shortly after us yesterday and also took the day off. We have been able to share stories and thoughts on upcoming days. 

We learned from Austin Cafe's FB page that the first five leaders in the TransAm race have gone through there since yesterday afternoon. So they are now ahead of us I am sure. Amazing.....

Along with resting...ok napping in our chairs, we drank as much water and electrolyte as we could. This of course meant going to the ladies/men's room quite often so we did get in some walking. On one of the walks we walked just about a block to a little bridge that is the Idaho border. Tomorrow we will cross the border about 10 mi down the road...the long way around I guess.

The connection here is slow so no photos until we can get a better one. Good night.....

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0