Super Twosday - Winterlude 2021 - CycleBlaze

February 22, 2022

Super Twosday

So today’s bit of nonsense comes to you thanks to Suzanne, who suggested that February 22, 2022 would be an excellent subject for a Cycle365 Challenge.  Go out and find some things that come in twos, she proposed. 

An inspired idea that would have been even better if we weren’t in the middle of a cold snap today.  33 degrees with 15 mph winds don’t make ideal conditions for a photo shoot, especially if you’re not smart enough to wear warm gloves.  By the end I was driven back inside when my hands were getting too stiffened to manage the camera any longer.  I should have come in sooner but I really wanted to find 22 subjects - it just seemed like the right thing to do.  

Thanks, Suzanne.

Two CycleBlazers, one way: with Bruce at the Clinton Street Coffeehouse.
Heart 4 Comment 2
Suzanne GibsonTwo featured artists. And finally a picture with Bruce.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Jen RahnLove this photo of you two!

Especially the gentle glow around your table. 🌞
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Two chairs and 2 Towns, Park Avenue Cafe.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Two Pharoahs, Blackstone Residence Hall.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Two sphinxes, Blackstone Residence Hall.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Image not found :(
Two gulls, one way: at the Oregon Historical Society.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Two explorers, Oregon Historical Society.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Two calla lilly vendors, the Portland Art Museum.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Two vases and two lanterns, Caffe Umbria.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Two counterweights, the Hawthorne Bridge.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Two Canada geese, Tom McCall Waterfront Park.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Two colorful figures, Tom McCall Waterfront Park.
Heart 4 Comment 3
Scott AndersonTo Susan CarpenterBrilliant. I wish I’d thought of that.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Scott AndersonTo Susan CarpenterOh, of course! That’s what’s going on: it’s Tutu Tuesday: https://www.oregonlive.com/events/2022/02/portland-celebrates-tutu-tuesday-on-22222-with-countdown-to-222-pm.html
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Two more, Tom McCall Waterfront Park.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Two bollards, Tom McCall Waterfront Park.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Two gulls a second way, Tom McCall Waterfront Park.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Two lifeboats, Portland Maritime Museum.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Two flags, Naito Parkway.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Two bronzed ladies, Skidmore Fountain.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Two CycleBlazers, another way: at the the entrance to Pioneer Place.
Heart 2 Comment 1
Jen RahnGood one! (I mean, two.)
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Two faces, one way: the Jackson Tower Building.
Heart 3 Comment 2
Scott AndersonTo Suzanne GibsonOh! How did I miss this? I was focused on the flock of pigeons circling the square, hoping they’d eventually sweep past the clocks.

I never thought about time of day at all. If I had I might have been out later and seen more at the waterfront too. I read in the paper later that there were about 200 folks at Tutu Tuesday and they shouted out the countdown to 2:22.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Two faces, another way: Diego On My Mind, the Portland Art Museum.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Two chimneys, The Old Church.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Two CycleBlazers, a third way: at the Mosaic Condos.
Heart 4 Comment 0

Today's ride: 2 miles (3 km)
Total: 2,320 miles (3,734 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 11
Comment on this entry Comment 10
Lyle McLeodLots of very cool two’s. A very Super Tuesday for us too … It’s Kirsten’s birthday today. She’s not 22 though, so we’ll have to settle for the current outside temperature of -22 C!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Kathleen ClassenI am curious if something an event was happening at the Tom McCall Waterfront Park, or if that is the trendy way to dress for the cold. Either way I loved it.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Scott AndersonTo Kathleen ClassenI wondered myself at the time. It was obviously an event because there was music and thirty or forty others dressed outrageously like this. I almost asked someone but it felt too intrusive. Susan Carpenter’s comment led me to it though: it’s Tutu Tuesday!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Scott AndersonTo Lyle McLeodKristen’s a 2/22 baby? Happy birthday!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Rachael AndersonTo Lyle McLeodHappy birthday, Kirsten! Wow, that’s cold. It got about 0 C in Portland with a big headwind and I thought I was going to freeze even though I was all bundled up. Do you have any plans for another bicycle tour?
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Kathleen ClassenTutu Tuesday on 2 22 2022. I am swooning. What a great idea.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Suzanne GibsonSorry about your cold hands, Scott, but it was worth it, glad you persevered!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Lyle McLeodTo Rachael AndersonThanks Rachael.
We have a few ideas, we have always wanted to cycle from Ottawa along the North Shore of the St Lawrence and around the Gaspe Peninsula then end up in Halifax. Maybe Japan or Vietnam and then of course Europe, Starting in Bordeaux going through the Pyrenees, and eventually ending up in Croatia. Lots of ideas nothing confirmed yet.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Rachael AndersonTo Lyle McLeodExciting! I can’t wait to see what you end up doing.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
marilyn swettWhat a fun way to do a ride!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago