Marana meetup - Winterlude 2021 - CycleBlaze

December 20, 2021

Marana meetup

An easy, relaxed ride today, just the usual 42 flat miles on the Loop - today, along the Santa Cruz out to its furthest northwest extension near Marana and back.  Nothing unusual to report except for an unexpected CycleBlaze meetup, this one with Kelly Iniguez.  We knew that she and Jacinto had arrived in Tucson late last night, but it was pure chance that we crossed paths just before the end of the trail at Marana.  we were on our way back, so we turned back and rode to the end with her before turning back together to an overlook where we stopped for lunch.

So there was that.  Plus the triplicated stilts.  That about covers it.  

Camera check beside our neighbor’s fence. It’s important to make sure that GoPro is mounted correctly - you never know what interesting subject might show up in your path.
Heart 1 Comment 0
In the Dunbar Wells neighborhood.
Heart 1 Comment 0
In Dunbar Wells.
Heart 4 Comment 2
Graham FinchGreat shot!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Scott AndersonTo Graham FinchThanks for that, and for the inspiration.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Along the Santa Cruz. Ahead is the Sombrero (Safford Peak) - it’s nice to know the name of this small formation.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Meetup at Marana! Kelly and Rachael elegantly execute the bicycle do-si-do.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Smile, you’re on Candid Camera!
Heart 3 Comment 0
Lunch stop, near Marana. A traditional stop for us now - we always have our lunch here when we come out this far - but it’s a new experience having company.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Kelly casts a long shadow.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Nice to have a photographer along to mark the occasion.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Kelly insisted on staging this photo to show what scofflaws we are - but really, we’re the only ones here on this small pullout.
Heart 4 Comment 2
Jen RahnLove it! I appreciate any opportunity to use the word 'scofflaw'. Maybe this could be a Team Anderson theme?
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Scott AndersonTo Jen RahnI don’t think so. We’re really both quite straight-laced, don’t you know?
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Ina Road on a bridge again, this time looking upriver from the south side. Stilts in triplicate!
Heart 6 Comment 9
Bruce LellmanOutstanding!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Scott AndersonTo Bruce LellmanI was just hoping to get a focused shot that showed the reflection and shadow, but having it timed when its beak hit the water was pure luck.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
marilyn swettOk, I'm stumped! What is this bird?
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Scott AndersonTo marilyn swettA black-necked stilt: https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Black-necked_Stilt. One of my favorite wading birds. They’re so elegant.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Jen RahnBrilliant!

When you mentioned the triplicated stilts, I knew we were in for a surprise .. and this exceeds all expectations!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Jen RahnWorthy of a haiku, I'd say!

Triplicated stilts
Walking on water sideways
And upside down, too!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Scott AndersonTo Jen RahnHooray, the lyricist returns! I hoped she was still out there.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Scott AndersonTo Jen RahnExceeded mine also. It’s been a good run on unusual wildlife shots.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
marilyn swettTo Scott AndersonThanks! That's a new one for me.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago

Today's ride: 42 miles (68 km)
Total: 761 miles (1,225 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0