Excitement is mounting - From Copenhagen's Little Mermaid to Milan's Great Cathedral - CycleBlaze

July 15, 2012

Excitement is mounting

Excitement is certainly mounting. Today there was a big mile stone. We took the bikes into Mark and he is tucking them gently into bike boxes for their long journey to Copenhagen. You may wonder why we didn’t do it ourselves. Mark tells us he packs hundreds of bikes into boxes for their flights to all parts of the world and we wanted to give ours the best possible chance of surviving the ministrations of the baggage handlers. Stopping as we do in Australia this of course brings another problem as we know for sure that at least one of the bikes will be examined by biosecurity as they protect the Australian borders from the nasties we are intent on bringing into their country. With this in mind we have scrubbed and polished the bikes so they look even too clean to eat your dinner off. We have only mine back yet and the bad news is that it weighs 20.2kg. We hope Ken’s will be less as mine is a bigger upright bike. Otherwise we are going to leave quite a bit of stuff behind as our luggage allowance is 30kg.

Yesterday I had a hair cut and have made an appointment at the beautician for all the administrations that are necessary for a successful bike tour.

Ken has photographed his tractors, Bernie (dog) has an appointment at the groomers for a hair cut. I have made new beds for the dogs and Lucy (cat) is getting lots of loving. The new grape plants have arrived and Ken has spent the last few days planting hopefully he will finish that tomorrow. The shuttle for the airport has been booked.

I seem to be so manically active that I have even polished all of the silver. I hope I don’t self destruct before we leave on Wednesday.

The cattle enjoy their hay
Heart 0 Comment 0
Ken checks out the bikes before they go into Mark to be packed.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Ken tells me all his tractors are necessary and each has it's own important job to do - he will certainly be on the look out for tractors as we cycle along.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Racking the wine was an important job we needed to do before we left.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We got it all finished
Heart 0 Comment 0
Bernie cuddles his teddy and tries out his new bed. Really he would like to be coming with us but dogs dont travel easily internationally
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0