Day 87: Rest day - A happy ride around Australia (second attempt) - CycleBlaze

May 8, 2021

Day 87: Rest day

This was the morning view of the beach just across the road from our hotel.
Heart 8 Comment 0

We drove north for 45 minutes and went to the Mossman markets and bought some dried mango and fresh grapefruit juice.

This colourful lobster claw flower was in a neighbour's garden.
Heart 4 Comment 0

Lobster claw.

After the markets we continued north for a short time to arrive at Mossman Gorge.

We went for a 2.5km walk through the lovely rainforest.
Heart 5 Comment 0
I like the lichen on the trees.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Candlenut tree trunk.
Heart 4 Comment 0

The candlenut tree harbours witchetty grubs which the Kuku-Yalanji people ate.

Heart 0 Comment 0
The walk ended near a swimming hole and Serena took this pic of a male cruiser butterfly resting on a rock.
Heart 4 Comment 0

The cruiser kept landing on this wet rock. Perhaps it was having a drink?

I jumped in the Mossman River and had a swim.
Heart 6 Comment 0

It was refreshingly cool. 

Serena chose to stay dry.

We enjoyed some salad sandwiches for lunch while watching other visitors brave the cold water.

We spent the afternoon relaxing and reading and doing yesterday's journal. Sorry I was tardy.

We went out to a fancy restaurant for dinner.
Heart 2 Comment 0
We had very delicious seafood dumplings for entree.
Heart 4 Comment 0

The mains were just as yummy. And perhaps because of the wine, I forgot to take a photo of the food. Whoopsy.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0