Trip Over for Now - Pandemic Purgatory - CycleBlaze

February 23, 2021

Trip Over for Now

Seeing as the biking is done and it is back to work, it seems the trip is over.   It was unusual given the circumstances but worked out for the best. 

Flying back to Shanghai
Heart 0 Comment 0

Some great news first, Sophia and I will get married in a few months!   The planning is getting underway and we were looking forward to another 10-day holiday at the end of April to celebrate a honeymoon party.

But as of now that trip may not happen because my school canceled the holiday dates at the last minute that might have made this work.   Of course it was connected to this covid crap.   The local cluster back in January caused school to be closed for a day and potentially going online.   As such they took the entire holiday away from us to 'make up' for the loss of a day, basically a punishment. 

Needless to say I am outraged by this.   The honeymoon trip will need to be re-planned.   The good part about all this is that I had already gave my notice to this school and lined up another job for later.   

There will definitely be another trip despite this never-ending pandemic.  Until that happens, Happy New Year!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0