Day 044 - Rest Day - Two Far 2023 - Oranges to Apples - CycleBlaze

May 29, 2023

Day 044 - Rest Day

Today we hung out with Betty, my best childhood friend. Our mothers used to joke that Betty & I were friends before we were born, as they were neighbors and pregnant at the same time.

I started the day with bike chores.  It's been 2,000 miles since we left on this trip, so it was time to rotate the tires.  I also cleaned the bike and lubed the chain.  When I was done, I stripped down and Jeanna went over to Betty's to do ALL of our laundry (Isn't maid service wonderful?).  After Jeanna returned with clean clothes, Betty come to the hotel and then took us to lunch.  

After lunch, we took Rachel for a walk along the Scioto River.  After all the trees and bushes were sniffed over, we spent the rest of the afternoon at Betty's place before going out to dinner. After dinner, we returned to the hotel where we reviewed the next week's routes and got ready to get back on the road.   It was a very nice way to spend Memorial Day. 

There was a lot to clean after riding the C&O and GAP trails
Heart 0 Comment 0
Betty & Rachel
Heart 0 Comment 0
Best buds forever.
Heart 0 Comment 0
They've only known each other for 50 years.
Heart 1 Comment 3
Keith A. SpanglerTHAT IS SO COOL!
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Rose SamsonFRIENDS FOREVER! Happy memories always remembered!
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Rose SamsonFRIENDS FOREVER! Happy memories always remembered!
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0