Day 83 - Alma - Two Far 2022 Reunion Bound (the long way around) - CycleBlaze

July 1, 2022

Day 83 - Alma

Happy Canada Day!

We used our eucalyptus spray and finished the walk we started yesterday.  The streets and park were full of happy families - and family pets.  It was a good day to be out.  

If you read Day 81 of this journal, you might remember that we met a cycling couple, Alan and Elaine, at Adair's Lodge.  Elaine emailed me today and said they were in Alma for a canoe trip and saw us walking across the bridge.  They called out, but we didn't hear them.  I responded that I took a picture of a couple in a canoe from the bridge.  Could it be them?  Elaine looked at this picture and said yes, it was.  (Actually she said "Yipper Skipper, those canoeists are us.")

Our world is small and wonderful. It amazes us how often we cross paths with the same people.
Heart 2 Comment 0
This is the hill we came down on our way to Alma. The road drops over 1000' in about 4 miles and gave our brakes a good workout. We're glad we don't have to climb it on our way out of town!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Walkway around a small lake
Heart 0 Comment 0
A hiking trail. I don't think anyone would have to tell me not to take my bike up there!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Not recumbent friendly!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Every rocky place these days has all the rock cairns stacked up. I think they are supposed to be used to mark paths and trails, but people just like to play with the rocks.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Cliffs on the bay at Alma. Alma sits in a deep valley. In the morning, we'll climb out of it on the north side. The breakwater visible on the far left is the location of our hotel.
Heart 0 Comment 0

The town put on a fireworks show near the wharf last night to celebrate Canada Day. There was a large crowd on the wharf just below our window.  I didn't get great pictures through the glass, but it was fun to watch.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0