Day 67 - Old Orchard Beach to Freeport - Two Far 2022 Reunion Bound (the long way around) - CycleBlaze

June 15, 2022

Day 67 - Old Orchard Beach to Freeport

Heart 0 Comment 0

We had another unpaved trail early in today's route.  This one was 2.5 miles long and we really wanted to take it, because the alternate road was busy and added three miles.  It turned out to be acceptable hardpack.  We wouldn't have looked forward to 20 miles on it, but 2 was OK.  The last .5 miles was shared with an unpaved road.

The Eastern Trail. The short section we rode was well-groomed hardpack.
Heart 1 Comment 0
View from the trail
Heart 1 Comment 0

We saw a little bit of farming today, the first we've seen along our coastal Maine route.

Cabbages
Heart 0 Comment 0

Our attraction for today was the Portland Head Light / Fort Williams Park.

The Portland Head Light at Fort Williams Park. It is the oldest lighthouse in Maine.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The lighthouse is not open to the public.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Some views from Fort Williams Park

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

After leaving Fort Williams Park, we had and uneventful ride through Portland, Falmouth and Yarmouth before reaching our hotel in Freeport.  

View of buildings on the Portland waterfront.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Anybody want to buy a used tandem?
Heart 0 Comment 0

Kerry here... Once we reached our hotel, Jeanna spent the afternoon & evening doing laundry and catching up on the journal, while I cleaned and lubed the bike.  In between those activities, we enjoyed a very good take-out Thai dinner (Lo-Mein and Green Curry).   Rather mundane, but Life is Good!!

Today's ride: 42 miles (68 km)
Total: 2,294 miles (3,692 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0