Day 41 - Cambridge to Easton - Two Far 2022 Reunion Bound (the long way around) - CycleBlaze

May 20, 2022

Day 41 - Cambridge to Easton

Heart 0 Comment 0

We enjoyed a nice short ride today.  It was only about 20 miles from Cambridge to Easton.  

We started with a short ride through the downtown of Cambridge.
Heart 1 Comment 0
There are lots of sailboats in Cambridge.
Heart 3 Comment 0

We were looking for a maritime museum and met these two guys working in a boatyard.  They wanted to hear about out trip and our bike, so we didn't really talk about the boat they were restoring.

Ken and Steve - we enjoyed meeting you this morning.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This is the boat they're working on.
Heart 3 Comment 0

Leaving Cambridge, we had a long bridge across the Choptank River.  Fortunately, it had a good shoulder all the way across.

The Choptank River
Heart 1 Comment 0
Highway 50, after the bridge, had a perfect shoulder with the rumble strips where they should be.
Heart 1 Comment 0

After a few miles on Hwy 50, we got off and took back roads to Easton.  Every day we are so happy with the great roads we find.

Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

There weren't many farms along today's route, but we saw these cool cows.

Belted Galloway cattle
Heart 4 Comment 0

We got to Easton and decided to explore the downtown a bit.  There was a lot of traffic, but it was all moving slowly.

Easton is a very pretty town.
Heart 2 Comment 0
There are beautiful homes lining residential streets.
Heart 1 Comment 0

We're going to stay here for three nights and have one riding day and one rest day.  The high temperature tomorrow is expected to be 96, so we may make that the rest day.  This is going to be a very short lived heat wave, with highs back in the low 70's in two days.  

Today's ride: 26 miles (42 km)
Total: 1,402 miles (2,256 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 7
Rich FrasierI think this must be the first bike journal I've ever read that covers Delaware! I'm enjoying it!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
marilyn swettToo bad we couldn't hook up in Cambridge. Where do you go after Easton?
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo marilyn swettWe're going to Chestertown, Cheasapeake City, Dover next. We'll be taking the ferry to Cape May after that.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo Rich FrasierThanks, Rich. I'm glad you're enjoying it. We had no idea how good the cycling was on the Delmarva peninsula until we visited Fenwick Island, DE three years ago. We have a few more days here to tell you about before we take the ferry to New Jersey.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
marilyn swettTo Jeanna & Kerry SmithOh, too bad. Sounds like a wonderful route but we're in Harrington, Delaware now (south of Dover) and leaving for the DC area tomorrow. We'll be there for 3 weeks before moving to Lancaster and the Finger Lakes. We do have to be in Ohio on July 17 to have work done on the trailer at the factory.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Curt & Helene ReedType your comment here
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo Curt & Helene ReedYou had something to say???
Reply to this comment
1 year ago