Day 15 - Jacksonboro to Moncks Corner - Two Far 2022 Reunion Bound (the long way around) - CycleBlaze

April 24, 2022

Day 15 - Jacksonboro to Moncks Corner

Heart 1 Comment 0

Today was a long day for us - 54.7 miles.  It was pretty easy riding, and we had a tailwind for the first time in days.  At 11.9 mph, we had the fastest average speed of the tour so far.

Again, I took very few pictures.  We're just riding through the same scenery we've been showing you and not finding any museums or points of interest to visit.  

This is Old Jacksonborough Road.  It runs along beside the current highway, but only about 3 miles from where we started, it turned to sand.  We tried to detour around that, but it was unpaved when we came back to it a mile or so later.  I HATE cycling on rough dirt/gravel roads, so we went back out on the highway.  Kerry was disappointed.

Old Jacksonborough Road was very scenic.
Heart 2 Comment 0

There is an active rail line between the new highway and old road.  We saw an Amtrak train go by while we were still out on the highway.

Train tracks in the woods
Heart 1 Comment 0

The little motel where we stayed last night didn't have breakfast, so about an hour into the ride, we stopped at Bojangles.  Those of you who are not familiar with fast food chains in the South may not know of Bojangles, but it is really good - fried chicken and biscuits and additional Southern delicacies.  The delicacy we most enjoyed this morning was their biscuits and gravy.  Only your Grandma makes it better than Bo!  While waiting for our order, Kerry got into a conversation with these guys.  It was fun meeting them.

Earl, Cade and Brison
Heart 1 Comment 0
Still lots of swamp!
Heart 2 Comment 0

Our one historical marker for the day.  It was on the road in a commercial area.  I didn't see any evidence of the school or church.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 55 miles (89 km)
Total: 574 miles (924 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0