Day 134 - New Philadelphia to Coshocton - Two Far 2022 Reunion Bound (the long way around) - CycleBlaze

September 20, 2022

Day 134 - New Philadelphia to Coshocton

Heart 0 Comment 0

Well, yesterday our excuse for leaving late was the weather.  We didn't get out of the hotel this morning until 11:30 again and our only excuse is just plain lethargy.

Once we got on the road, it was a very nice day.  The weather was great with blue skies and light winds.  We had excellent roads for cycling almost all the way.

Smooth asphalt + almost no traffic + flat = perfect.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Soon after we started, we passed this house decorated for Halloween.  We've seen quite a few of these giant skeletons this year.  It must be the current vogue in Halloween yard decor.

Heart 0 Comment 0

This truck is being loaded with cut corn for silage.  It is fed to local dairy cattle.

Heart 1 Comment 0

Here is one of the dairy farms.  There is a tanker being loaded with milk.

Heart 0 Comment 0

At our first stop, we got into a conversation with this guy.  His name is Michael and he's from Winston-Salem, NC, where Kerry worked for years before he got too old to work (at 45!) and we moved to Florida.  His wife worked at the same hospital, on the same unit, that I did in Greensboro, but didn't start until after I had left.  Michael mentioned the names he remembered of some of her co-workers and there were people I knew.  Another of those amazing small world stories! 

Michael
Heart 1 Comment 0

We rode more miles through the central Ohio countryside.

Weathered old barn
Heart 1 Comment 0
I think this is a giant marshmallow farm!
Heart 2 Comment 0
Kerry enjoyed this - follow the arrow for OH 751 until it ends in 100 feet.
Heart 2 Comment 0

This is part of a large sand and gravel mine.  I need to learn how to add videos to my blogs.  They were working today, and it would have been fun to watch.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Final Ohio countryside view for today.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 36 miles (58 km)
Total: 4,373 miles (7,038 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0