Day 132 - Warren to Alliance - Two Far 2022 - Reunion Bound (the long way around) - CycleBlaze

September 18, 2022

Day 132 - Warren to Alliance

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today was our last day riding with Jan and Dean.  They're driving back home tomorrow morning.

It was a hilly ride with some long, steady climbs.  The first 21 miles were on trails.  

Pedaling on the bikeway
Heart 1 Comment 0
Jan and Dean weren't behind us very often
Heart 0 Comment 0
An old factory on the trail
Heart 1 Comment 0
We didn't see anything to give us a clue as to what it might have been.
Heart 0 Comment 0

This was a two-part bridge.

Heart 0 Comment 0
One section crossed the river.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The second crossed the railroad.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We had planned to stop for lunch at the White House Fruit Farm.   Based on past experiences at farmstands/markets, we were expecting to have a quiet lunch. 

We were quite surprised to see a long line of traffic waiting to turn into the place.  It turns out that every weekend in Sep & Oct is a festival of sorts, as they have live music, food trucks and attractions for the kids.  

In another score for bikes, we were able to bypass the line of cars waiting to be directed into large parking areas and ride right up to the main market building.  

Jan and I decided a picnic on the grounds would be a nice way to enjoy lunch.  We shopped for food in the market and then found a spot to sit and eat.

Picnic at the White House Fruit Farm
Heart 3 Comment 0
Fueled up after lunch, Jan and Dean set a fast (at least faster than us) pace.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We had good biking roads after the trail ended. Kerry here... Good in the sense of low traffic. The surfaces were not so good - lots of broken surfaces and potholes to dodge. But hey - I'd rather dodge a pothole than a car!
Heart 0 Comment 0
A bucolic Ohio scene
Heart 1 Comment 0

Our tandem friends, Dave Cardarella and Marilyn Perdue came over and went to dinner with us tonight.  It was good to see them and have them meet Jan and Dean. Both couples have done extensive international cycling, so they had plenty to talk about.  In talking about our routes, Dave gave us excellent advice about tomorrow's route which will save us a few hundred feet of climbing.  Thanks, Dave!

Today's ride: 47 miles (76 km)
Total: 4,294 miles (6,911 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0