Day 130 - Austinburg to Warren - Two Far 2022 - Reunion Bound (the long way around) - CycleBlaze

September 16, 2022

Day 130 - Austinburg to Warren

Heart 0 Comment 0

Almost all of our route today was on the Western Reserve Bikeway.  It's a rail-trail and generally flat.  There were no towns of any size berween Austinburg and Warren.  It was a very rural ride.

Rural beauty
Heart 0 Comment 0
The snow must get REALLY deep here!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Riding behind Jan and Dean. We had miles of "tree tunnel".
Heart 1 Comment 0

We stopped on an old trestle over Rock Creek.  The creek was far below the trestle.

Heart 0 Comment 0
The water level is very low now.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Jan trying to get a good view for her picture.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This is Keith. He grew up in the Rock Creek community and told us he and his friends used to play down by the creek - without their parents' knowledge becuase it wasn't very safe. The train ran here until the 70's.
Heart 1 Comment 0

We met a very nice couple on the trail.  Donna and her husband Paul are traveling from their home in Connecticut to visit their son in Minnesota.  They have brought their bikes and are stopping and doing day rides on trails along the way.

Donna
Heart 1 Comment 0

We all stopped for lunch together and got acquainted.   They are recently retired and spending their time cycling.  Welcome to the club, Donna and Paul!

From the left - Dean, Donna, Kerry, Paul and Jan
Heart 1 Comment 0
Expanse of wetlands on the trail
Heart 1 Comment 0

In Warren, we biked through a city park on the way to the hotel.

The pavilions and other structures were this very attractive stone
Heart 1 Comment 0
A large army of Canada geese was keeping watch over the park.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Tomorrow, we plan to explore the center city on foot.

Today's ride: 42 miles (68 km)
Total: 4,247 miles (6,835 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0