Day 124 - Brantford to Wainfleet - Two Far 2022 Reunion Bound (the long way around) - CycleBlaze

September 10, 2022

Day 124 - Brantford to Wainfleet

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today we rode southeast from Brantford, heading toward Lake Eric and our crossing of the Peace Bridge tomorrow.  Tonight will be our last night in Canada for Two Far 2022.

The route was fine today.  It was nice to have fewer and smaller hills, though it wasn't quite as flat as Ride with GPS led us to believe.  There wasn't anything new or different to see along the way.  We rode through miles and miles of soybeans and a few corn fields.  We didn't notice any other crops.

I like these green barns.
Heart 1 Comment 0

We passed a couple of fresh produce markets that were drawing a lot of customers on a gorgeous early fall Saturday.

Heart 0 Comment 0

This roof repair caught our attention.  They had used several different colors of aluminum panels.

An attention getting roof job!
Heart 0 Comment 0

We had a strong crosswind/headwind much of the way.  It made up for our relative lack of climbing :)

The wind was about 15 mph.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We came upon a place with massive power lines.  Kerry said it was probably a grid interconnect.

There was a forest of high voltage towers going in all directions.
Heart 0 Comment 0

There really wasn't much to see today, but we will remember the day for the people we met.  We stopped for lunch at Binbrook Pizza in Binbrook.  The waitress/bartender was Lisa.  She was so excited when she learned that we had pedaled to Binbrook from Florida.  

Lisa definitely wanted her picture in the blog. If you ever get to Binbrook, Ontario, go see her.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Kerry liked the pizza slice light fixture hanging from the ceiling.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We did see one thing today we'd never seen before - riders returning to the stable after a polo match.

It's not a great picture, but it's our first mounted polo players.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Our other memorable people encounter today was at our last convenience store stop.  The owner, Nadeem, at first said the washroom was out of order.  When we expressed dismay - it having been 20 miles since our last stop - he was kind enough to let us use the washroom in his house, which was attached to the store.  When he and his friend heard about the long trip, they insisted on giving us drinks and candy and taking pictures.

Nadeem, the owner, on the right. We didn't get his friend's name. Thanks to you both for being so nice.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 54 miles (87 km)
Total: 4,012 miles (6,457 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0