Day 11 - Townsend to Richmond Hill - Two Far 2022 Reunion Bound (the long way around) - CycleBlaze

April 20, 2022

Day 11 - Townsend to Richmond Hill

Heart 0 Comment 2
Kandy LoperI just met y’all at the circle k
I was in the truck with my partner
I figured this out and will now be enjoying this trip with you two and follow too
So neat ! Be safe travels !
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo Kandy LoperThanks, Kandy. I hope you enjoy the blog. We appreciate your following us.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

Had it not been for a couple of our rides in Colorado and Wyoming last summer, I'd say that we had a strong headwind today.  Compared to what we experienced then, today's wind was more of a stiff breeze.  We had breaks when we turned out of the wind for awhile and when the dense trees provided a good windbreak.  I took just a few pictures today as we were mostly just riding through the woods.

More coastal marsh
Heart 2 Comment 0
Blackbeard Creek - one of its many branches that flow to the Atlantic north of Sapelo Island.
Heart 1 Comment 0
An almost no traffic alternative to US 17. The trees made a good windbreak.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Rose SamsonGlad to know you are cycling on a peaceful road & those trees
are a "beauty" to see & pass by them. The air must be cool & fresh!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

We went past this large ranch, the 4M.  The grounds we could see from the road were beautiful.

Heart 2 Comment 0
Stable
Heart 3 Comment 0
There is an aviation community near the ranch. We think the pilot had just filled up and was preparing for take-off. Shortly after we rode by, we heard him take flight.
Heart 1 Comment 0

On the last quiet road before we got back on US 17 for the final few miles, we saw this very colorful little truck.

Lined up with the other family vehicles? I wonder who gets to drive this?
Heart 2 Comment 0

Today's ride: 43 miles (69 km)
Total: 405 miles (652 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0