Day 143 - Imlay City to Grand Blanc - Two Far 2021 - Sooo... Far - CycleBlaze

August 29, 2021

Day 143 - Imlay City to Grand Blanc

Heart 1 Comment 0

We have been in many interesting and beautiful parts of Michigan.  This area of south central Michigan is not among them.  With no rain and no flats, there's not much to say about today - except we didn't get rained on and had no flat tires!

We had a rough ride for much of the route today.  Kerry had to do a lot of dodging to avoid the worst of the cracked and broken pavement.

I think I took this picture because it looked like a better surface was ahead. It didn't last long.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A barn with its hay elevator ready to work
Heart 1 Comment 1
Mike ObermeyerThe barns look good.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago

At our first stop, we saw these guys checking out our bike.  Kerry went out to talk and met Henry and his dad, Jeff.

Heart 1 Comment 3
Mike AylingThe kid is wearing a mask and his dad is not?
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo Mike AylingMy guess would be that the man is fully vaccinated, but the child is too young for the currently approved vaccine, hence his mask.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Mike AylingTo Jeanna & Kerry SmithInteresting. Here in Victoria Australia we are in lockdown again and all adults must wear a mask outside their homes whether fully vacinated or not. It is recommended that children wear masks.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago

This is for Rich.  I hope you're reading this.  We thought about you when we rode past!

The Tie-Dye Shop
Heart 2 Comment 3
Mike ObermeyerAmerican flag hung backwards.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo Mike ObermeyerUnless this is the back of the shop and people are coming through from the other side?
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Mike ObermeyerTo Jeanna & Kerry SmithStill looks backwards to me. If it's visible from the road, the field of blue should be on the left. But just look at all the other stuff in the yard, I guess that explains a lot.
PS - Still love all the pics!!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago

This is a Century Farm - continuously farmed by the same family for over 100 years.  My picture of the house and sign in the yard was all out of focus.

Old buildings and old foundations surrounded by well kept landscaping
Heart 1 Comment 0
In this view, the new outbuildings are visible.
Heart 1 Comment 0

At this place, we noticed the blue casts or dressings on the horses' forelegs.

Does any know the what and why of the blue things on the horses legs?
Heart 1 Comment 0
Here is a closer view.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Some old buildings in the little town of Hadley.  We learned in the next town that Hadley was a once thriving community which is declining in population and losing its local businesses.  

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0

That's it for today.  Perhaps tomorrow we'll have more interesting things to share!

Today's ride: 38 miles (61 km)
Total: 5,351 miles (8,612 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0