Day 142 - Port Huron to Imlay City - Two Far 2021 - Sooo... Far - CycleBlaze

August 28, 2021

Day 142 - Port Huron to Imlay City

Heart 1 Comment 0

There wasn't much to photograph or write about today.  If it hadn't  been for the flat tire and sudden rain storm, I wouldn't have anything to say at all!

A cheerful bed of sunflowers to start the day.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We passed a large group of 30-40 motorcycles this morning.
Heart 1 Comment 0
As soon as they all passed, we were back to sharing the road with more peaceful vehicles.
Heart 1 Comment 0
I have to add the daily old barn photo.
Heart 2 Comment 0
And one more
Heart 1 Comment 0
A more modern setting. We appear to be getting back into an area of large-scale farming.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Kerry here ... I saw this along the road today and immediately thought of Patrick of Racpat fame. After I saw it, I did a U-turn to go back and retreive it and promptly got a flat tire. THANKS PATRICK!!! :-)
Heart 2 Comment 0
Kerry again... It is so much fun changing a flat when it's really, really hot!! At least it was the front tire which, while still a pain, is much easier to change than the rear.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Mike ObermeyerLike the stand for the front fork. Good idea.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Old town hall and fire department in Capac.
Heart 1 Comment 0

We had lunch at a bar and grill in Capac.  It was hot, so we took a long break to cool off.  When we went out back where we had parked the bike, we saw that it had started raining.  It was unexpected and fortunately brief.  We put the rain covers on the panniers and waited under the canopy of the gas station next door to the restaurant.  In less than ten minutes, the rain stopped and it was clear the rest of the way to Imlay City.  

We have two more hot days, then the high temperatures are going to be in the 70's.  Fall is on the way and Florida beckons! 

Today's ride: 41 miles (66 km)
Total: 5,313 miles (8,550 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0