Day 122 - In Henry - Two Far 2021 - Sooo... Far - CycleBlaze

August 8, 2021

Day 122 - In Henry

We knew we would enjoy our two-night stay in Henry as soon as  we got to town.  We stopped at the Henry Foods store to get our Diet Coke and some snacks.  We were so pleased at the very warm welcome we got there.  Valerie approached us in the parking lot and asked about our trip.  She mentioned us to the store clerk and another customer.  When we checked out, all three of them welcomed us to Henry!

Billie, Valerie and Kim - Henry's goodwill triad.
Heart 2 Comment 1

Our hotel is located on the Illinois River next to a marina.  It isn't a fancy place, but is busy with boaters and fishermen.

Marina view from hotel deck, with the Illinois River in the backgound.
Heart 2 Comment 1
Rose SamsonI like this place, sit in the chair & enjoy the scenery, fresh air too!
Good place to read a book.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Flags and fuel at the entrance of the marina
Heart 0 Comment 0
Bridge we will take tomorrow
Heart 1 Comment 0
This was going to be a picture of the geese, but a closer look makes us question the stability of the bridge's base. We just need to get across in the morning!
Heart 0 Comment 1
Mike ObermeyerThat bridge definitely needs to be replaced. One major storm could be the answer.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago

We took a long walk around town and had lunch at Grandma's Bar and Grille.  It isn't San Francisco, but being on the riverfront, uptown is literally up.  There are some newer, more modern buildings and there are not many vacant storefronts, but old buildings are more interesting to photograph.

Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
The town square surrounds this this lovely park
Heart 2 Comment 0
Playground - I still love swings, but didn't go there today. I was too hot and too hungry.
Heart 1 Comment 0

We solved the hot and hungry problem at Grandma's Bar and Grille.  Not only did we have good food and good service, but we found Richard Kimble!!

Richard Kimble "Rich" the cook at Grandma's
Heart 2 Comment 0
And on the way back to the hotel, we had a wildlife sighting.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Mike ObermeyerWhy isn't Kerry in the picture too. (sorry Kerry I couldn't resist the comment)
Reply to this comment
2 years ago

Today, I think we finished our route planning to Ohio with a tour of the Michigan "thumb" included.  It's a part of Michigan we've never visited.  

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0