Day 104 - St. Marys, OH Loop 2 - Two Far 2020 - NTF (Not Two Far) - CycleBlaze

September 11, 2020

Day 104 - St. Marys, OH Loop 2

To Wapakoneta

Heart 1 Comment 0

Today we took a ride south from St. Marys and over to Wapakoneta to visit the Armstrong Air and Space Museum.

It was chilly this morning and still very cloudy.  We both wore jackets until the sun finally came out about 2:00.  The recorded high was 68, but that sounds like a stretch.

We rode through more quiet, peaceful and scenic Ohio farmlands.

Another beautiful Ohio farmstead
Heart 4 Comment 1
Some cows lined up to greet us.
Heart 2 Comment 0

There was a dairy barn right next to the road.  We tried to get a good view inside, but Kerry wasn't able to count the cows!

Just before we passed this barn, a tractor with a load of sileage pulled in to feed the cows. They were all business eating their lunch by time we passed by.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Non corn or soybean crop of the day.

Hops
Heart 2 Comment 0

I finally got good pictures of some goats.

Goats hanging at the the barn
Heart 2 Comment 0
And goats enjoying the sun
Heart 2 Comment 2
Mike ObermeyerSometimes it hard to get your goat!!!!
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo Mike Obermeyer:)!
Reply to this comment
3 years ago

In Wapakoneta, home of Neil Armstrong, we went to see the Armstrong Air and Space Museum.  It was interesting to walk through.  I learned of some things which I never knew were developed for the space program - smoke detectors, walking shoes, anti-fog spray and battery powered tools among them.

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 4
Mike ObermeyerWhat were the teeth for?
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Curt & Helene ReedYes, what about the teeth?
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo Curt & Helene ReedIt was something about orthodontics, but I don't remember what the innovation was. Sorry I couldn't answer your question.
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo Mike ObermeyerSee the reply to the Reeds. I don't recall what it was about orthodontics that came from the space program.
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Heart 1 Comment 0

There was also a card saying Tang was not developed for use in space, but was already on the retail market before NASA chose it for the astronauts.  A modern cultural myth exploded!

Today's ride: 41 miles (66 km)
Total: 3,469 miles (5,583 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Rich McKayI see your route took you right over I-75... if you had just turned right, you'd be home by now. (Plastered on the front of a semi... but home, nevertheless!)
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo Rich McKayThe forecast for Friday is a low of 38 and a high of 61, with 20 mph winds. We'll be home soon!!
Reply to this comment
3 years ago