Day 95 Miramichi, NB - Two Far 2019 - Coasting Along to the Maritimes - CycleBlaze

July 28, 2019

Day 95 Miramichi, NB

We took a break from relaxing in our room to walk into town and along the Miramichi River waterfront.  With a population of 17,500, Miramichi is the largest city in northern New Brunswick.  We saw many of those people out today enjoying the public parks and the river.  When you don't have a whole lot of warm, sunny days, you make the most of the ones available!

This is a mural a few blocks from our motel.  I had to take the picture in two sections to get it all.

Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

We walked past this small park on the way to the river.  All the benches in the shade were occupied.  The weather service here has issued a heat warning for today.  The forecast high is about 90.  Highs around 90 are supposed to continue until Wednesday.

Heart 3 Comment 0
It's hard to read, but the arch reads Queen Elizabeth Park.
Heart 3 Comment 0

We walked on to the Miramichi River and Ritchie Wharf, a large public park.  From the park, you can see the bridge Kerry pushed the bike across yesterday.

Heart 3 Comment 0
Kayakers
Heart 3 Comment 0
The Miramichi River
Heart 1 Comment 0

Some things I have wished they had when I was a kid are  ball pits, double stuff Oreos - and these:

The closest thing we had was a sprinkler in the front yard, but this really looks like fun.
Heart 1 Comment 0

As we were leaving the park, I heard a woman say "You need to keep your hat on to keep the sun out of your eyes."  I looked and she was speaking to Dexter.

Heart 2 Comment 0
I think Dexter knows he's a cool dude in his hat.
Heart 1 Comment 0

And, finally, wise words for travelers...

Heart 3 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0